Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #41
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

G.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the link for H&R Springs for the GA's.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...autoM odClar=
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #42
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Cool thanks man.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #43
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
KYB AGX
H&R Springs
KYB Strut and Shock Mount

Am I missing anything for a suspension replacement? Here is where I need some help with finesse. Sum it all up-$927 and that isn't even shipping, so I need to buy everything in pieces. The question is this: in what order should they be purchased and installed?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #44
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
heres my personal opinion:

buy what you can and wait until you have everything

otherwise you could do the springs now but that would require disassembling your stock struts to put the springs in and then dissembling again to put the springs on your new struts. if you install that mounts now your just going to put wear and tear on them and i suppose the struts too if u just did those. just get everything when u can and installed all at once. imo
Old 05-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #45
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Probably the safest bet. Thanks for grounding me.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #46
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i created this thread. might help you a bit on what you need.

see page 2, and also a pic of a car on page 1 with pro kit.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...t=33996&page=2
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #47
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

edit.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 05-15-2011 at 12:40 PM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #48
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Well I gotta say Xander, thanks to you I no longer have any questions on suspension. This thread basically answers everything lol.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #49
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Aside from learning what I need to for myself, I was hoping to accomplish that as well. People always bash the noobs for not searching, but 99% of the threads are fragmented and poorly listed so it is near impossible.

Matt recommends the MOOG mounts, but I can't find them listed. I will go with the KYBs and not have any issues, but if they are that much better it would be good to have them.

H&R springs drop 1.6" in the front, 1.4" in the back...am I even going to notice that? Performance, I am sure I will notice, but looks are key too. Do the struts enable a drop as well?

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 05-15-2011 at 05:12 PM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #50
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
well here is malibu's alero he posted on my thread, he has eibach pro kit, and look how much less of a wheel gap there is then stock. you will notice the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu369258 View Post
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #51
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Trouble is they don't make eibachs anymore. Looks like a small decrease. Not crazy though.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #52
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
buy it for the grand am.

I bought mine locally for $100 and I can tell you it makes a HUGE difference performance wise and if you have the right size tires ( which I don't ) you will see a difference specially if your running 17's or 18's
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #53
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah you can still buy them for grand am ive found em on alot of sites. i plan on getting em just cause i dont want a crazy drop on the car. just enough to close that wheel gap i dont want to drive and scrape the bottom of my car on pot holes or any speedbumps or getting up friends driveways and scrapping my front bumper lol.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #54
robalero
GLS member

the eibach is 1.5 in the front and 1.25 in the back but after it drops a bit it is lower
Old 05-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #55
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
yeah you can still buy them for grand am ive found em on alot of sites. i plan on getting em just cause i dont want a crazy drop on the car. just enough to close that wheel gap i dont want to drive and scrape the bottom of my car on pot holes or any speedbumps or getting up friends driveways and scrapping my front bumper lol.

Amen.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #56
sleepyalero
GLS member

some website say 1.3in drop or 1 inch drop... guess it varies idk
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #57
robalero
GLS member

check the eibach site, thats the best source for the truth of it and where I got mine.

btw you will still scrap over some speed bumps if your going too fast
Old 05-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #58
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah but I drive like a grandma over em and don't have to drive over them very often.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #59
robalero
GLS member

ull still scrape a bit, I went to do the oil change today on my car I have a drive-on hoist at work....I scraped going on and off and I guess I moved one of my anti-rattle clips for the brake and fuel lines too readjusted that today
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #60
sleepyalero
GLS member

damn that blows.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: