Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #21
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu369258 View Post
Nice license plate!

Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
OMG it's 1984 all over again

Bite me, Redog, you guys were not even born yet back then.
In flat black, you won't see it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
I thought it was on the outside?!?!? will it be?

No, intended to be removable mounted inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained01 View Post
.....!!!!!wanna make one for my GAGT LOL You always come up with some innovative projects !!!

Thanks, I think the windows are the same
The concept is easy, I think somebody could come up with a perfect fitting, and therefore better looking unit if they had enough time and patience.

Plus there are no doubt better materials to use, at more expense.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #22
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I've been wonder for the last several weeks...whats the point...is it just for looks? I thought they went on the outside of the car?

Wouldn't this give the same effect....j/k...lol?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #23
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
I've been wonder for the last several weeks...whats the point...is it just for looks? I thought they went on the outside of the car?

Wouldn't this give the same effect....j/k...lol?

To protect the rear deck and seats from the deadly solar rays, of course

If you like the looks, then it's for the looks! Do it in body color or even 555 nanometer green!

If you hate the looks, do it in flat invisible black, because you know functionality rules!

But the main reason is I've still got creative demons lurking inside that must be excor-sized

and the very, very slim chance I come up with something that costs $5.00 to make and can sell for $20.00

For God sakes, man it's the American dream, don't you understand?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #24
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post

If you like the looks, then it's for the looks! Do it in body color or even 555 nanometer green!

If you hate the looks, do it in flat invisible black, because you know functionality rules!

But the main reason is I've still got creative demons lurking inside that must be excor-sized

and the very, very slim chance I come up with something that costs $5.00 to make and can sell for $20.00

Well by all means have at it...lol!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #25
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
In 1984 I was in second grade

Ten years later, I finished high school

Ten years aafter that, I was working at pepsi for 9 years

Ten year after that, hasn't happened yet

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #26
AleroB888
GLS member

Got a mounting bracket in place. Made out of 1/8" x 1/2" x 3' aluminum stock. It survived the first test drive.

Since the material is so fragile, I don't expect it to last too long. When it starts to discolor, I'll see if it can take a coat of paint. This grade of foamboard is only paper covered, after all. It's $11.00 / sheet retail. The better quality stuff, "Gatorboard," is plastic covered, and about $60.00 / sheet. (That's when mistakes get costly).

I might go back in and try to correct the cutting mistakes, which are too obvious in that white color. Only other thing is you lose 2" of headroom to the rear glass. At 5' 8", there's room to spare for me, but if you're tall, you'd have to slouch over

Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #27
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
Serious greg i understand about the demons LMAO !!! And it looks great ! We must be pretty close to the same age LOL at least pretty close keep up the good /manic work !!!! I am 6" 2" and have no intention of sitting in my own back seat
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #28
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
actually its pretty cool.. I mean it would be nice if I could have one of those to block out sun light for when my baby is in the back seat.
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 AM   #29
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post

Did I say flat invisible black? Damn near, almost doesn't photograph w/o flash lol

Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #30
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
I like the idea BUT i think it would look a lot more bad ass if it didn't have the "steps" on each side....idk how to explain it but if it was just a flat piece from the top to bottom on each side i think it would make it look more slick. Get what i'm saying?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #31
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
I like the idea BUT i think it would look a lot more bad ass if it didn't have the "steps" on each side....idk how to explain it but if it was just a flat piece from the top to bottom on each side i think it would make it look more slick. Get what i'm saying?

Yeah, I think I do, actually, it would black out the sides for a cleaner look. Then maybe light tint on the side windows.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #32
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I like, but I take it that there isn't any material out there to be able to place them outside like this?

I honestly feel they would look good on our cars if they had your "steps" but outside like this. Would give it a more sporty look in my opinion.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #33
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
^ yeaaa that's pretty sexy. A lot of double sided tape would do the trick lol
Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #34
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
3M double sided tape would be best
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #35
wws944
GX Member

wws944 is on a distinguished road
For an alternate approach, I wonder if some power rear sunshade could be adapted? These are options on a number of higher end cars nowadays. (My wifes car has one. It is pretty nifty.)
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #36
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
It would be sweet if when parked you could make the louvers fold shut like blinds, so it blocks the sun.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #37
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
I like, but I take it that there isn't any material out there to be able to place them outside like this?

I honestly feel they would look good on our cars if they had your "steps" but outside like this. Would give it a more sporty look in my opinion.

That mustang looks terrible with it!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #38
AleroB888
GLS member

I'm going for something different, more recessed but low cost and maintenance. Still, I need to get a rear window glass piece to do better mock-ups, a perfect fit will look much better. It did on the Saturn I had decades ago. But another problem with the white color was the reddish defroster lines messed with the looks, you can't see them as much with the black. Might go black metalflake

Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #39
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
hey now i was born in 1984 lol, and those louvers were around on cars around here till i was like 15 damn i feel old now. i see a lot of trucks around here on farms with them its kinda stupid looking on a pickup but cars it looks way better

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #40
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Theres an rx7 around here with external ones it looks boss