Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Need a Bi-amped replacment for your Monsoon amp

Just browsing around and saw this. Don't see to many Bi-amp capable amps.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_613XR40...2#overview-tab
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
LOL got the last one.. Sorry went fast..
Old 05-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Biamped speakers are the same as DVC subs. You can just wire them in parallel or series depending on application. I would just get a good amp and wire those up in series for 8 ohms total resistance... OR you can get a weaker amp and wire em up to 2 ohms.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
negolien
GL Member

Depends what speakers your running I ran the SST6.9's so.. I am going to use that as a 4 channel at 100 rms 2ohms just rarely see a bi-amplified amplifier for sale so I thought I would drop the link.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:37 AM   #5
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I know. I was thinking dual 4 ohms. That's why I prefer dual 2 ohms. I Usually do my subs in pairs anyways, so I can end up with a total ohm rating of 2. Then again, my amp is also 1ohm stable so no worries no matter how it's wired.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
negolien
GL Member

Yeah I hear yeah it's a little confusing for me with the dual coil 2 and 4 ohm options lol. So many choices The MTX's are single 4 ohm coils wired to 2 ohms.

Here's the amp...Very happy with the footprint. If only the 4x6 amp was that small lol. I love the fact you can run 1 set of RCA's to it and power two different sets of speakers. Not a lot of ability to control them separately I imagine but it will allow me to run all 6 sets of speakers off one of three amps.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:40 AM   #7
Nas Escobar
GLS member

What will you be running with it?
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #8
negolien
GL Member

The Kappa 693.11i's and the Kappa 60.11cs's. After reviewing the users manual I actually will have the same ability to control the output to each set as I would with two RCA in's :<).