Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Polk's on sale again

Damn Fry's always trying to get me to spend more cabbage the bastards...

http://www.frys.com/product/5481739?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:38 AM   #2
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Is that 720 watts RMS each or together? I might get those for my Cutlass. That box is the right height for my car's trunk.

EDIT:
Never mind, it's 720RMS together. It's 360 watts per sub. It's not bad at all to be honest, but I was hoping to build an 800 watt system.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FeMF7AodcA0A6Q
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited

Last edited by Nas Escobar : 05-13-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
It's 720rms as a unit. Decent entry level Polks I heard a lot of people saying the SQ is pretty good.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:20 AM   #4
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I was kinda hoping to set off alarms with the new system. I used to be able to do that with entry level Alpines in my Grand Am, but when they moved to the Cutlass, that went out the window.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
negolien
GL Member

8 was suggesting sound cubed might try some of those.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I had a 800w sony xplod amp. And 2 kicker 08cvr12 subs. 400w rms per sub. It pounded louder then a kids 6k system in my highschool. And I spent under 800 for everything. He was NOT happy.

It set off alarms. Now that I got rid of it. My exhaust does that for me
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
negolien
GL Member

Yeah I had looked at the kickers.. The price seems pretty decent for the SQ. I' am still about a year off so I' am just browsing but I like those and the more expensive MM's. To be honest I' am not looking to go all ghetto and break windows while going down the street lol. The Jackhammers and the soundstreams actually rattle the crap outta the Alero with only 500 rms. I' am looking to go a little better SQ with the next set. I was actually thinking of going down to 10's. I listen to mostly rock.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
When I had subs they were purely for beating the shit out of the car. Always had that system up and shaking everything in the car lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
negolien
GL Member

The highest I go on the new HU is 21 with -9 on the Subs and no loudness or anything with the EQ on vocals and that makes the rear view useless in about 3 secs lol. I' am looking forward to getting the rest of the new gear installed but looks like it's going to be a month or two :<(..Even then it depends on if I want to do the new alt and wiring first or just go off the 8 gauge and a distribution box. To be honest I think with just the 845 rms I should be fine with the 8 for now. Just depends if I can get a box that will run an 8 in into three 8 outs and let me run an 0 in later.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
One thing I noticed when I had my 2 12" JBLs, they rattled a lot but that's because of the prefab boxes. Most sub/box combos are tuned to around 40Hz which causes this. My current box for the DC sub is around 32Hz and when it plays notes in the higher range 40-60Hz, it's not as harsh. But, on the low end around 28-34Hz, there is a ton of pressure.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
Yeah I had looked at the kickers.. The price seems pretty decent for the SQ. I' am still about a year off so I' am just browsing but I like those and the more expensive MM's. To be honest I' am not looking to go all ghetto and break windows while going down the street lol. The Jackhammers and the soundstreams actually rattle the crap outta the Alero with only 500 rms. I' am looking to go a little better SQ with the next set. I was actually thinking of going down to 10's. I listen to mostly rock.

Kickers are worth it man. Out of all the subs I've had, Kicker and Alpine are pretty damn hard to fry. One time, I beat up a 12" Kicker C12 (entry level speaker) and it took me 3 1/2 days to actually burn the voice coils. The Comp R's are just hard as shit to fry. 800 watts per sub and they come prewired in series or parallel. You just flip a switch and you can switch the ohm rating. I almost fried my amp with this sub. It can take one hell of a beating. I think it's underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
When I had subs they were purely for beating the shit out of the car. Always had that system up and shaking everything in the car lol

One thing I always liked about the N body was that it wasn't hard at all to make the car shake. Truth be told, I would like another one just to blow my eardrums up haha
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited