Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
AleroBloke

I am just about to get ready to lower my car, I am gonna get it proffessionally done, but I have a question. I want to add the AAS body kit on that after I lower it. and put 18 inch rims with low profile tires on. Now with all those things combined, my questions are as follows

1) How Can I lower my car before I start scraping and ruining my body?

2) What is the biggest size of tire i can fit on an 99 alero sedan gl?

3) Low profile tires? good idea or bad?

4) Boxers or Briefs?
Old 01-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Boxers!
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
1. 2 inches is all I would do...but then you will ruin shocks (even aftermarket).

2. Depends on the wheels

3. I like em on bigger wheels but see no reason to go below 50 series on a 16" or smaller rim.

4. Boxer Briefs

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
Travis99Alero

1. if ur gonna put the aas kit on, u probably will start scraping the kit when u pull out of some places when u lower the car, but i cant say for sure.

2. if u go with 18s, you'll want to go with 225/40/18, or some people prefer 235/40/18 to fill the wheelwell a little more, but either will work.

3. are u talkin about for 18s or stock wheels? for 18s, you'll have to go with a pretty low profile tire, but for stock wheels, stick to the stock tire size.

4. it's all about the man-thong. :thumbsup:
Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #5
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Travis99Alero@Jan 12 2005, 01:59 PM
1. if ur gonna put the aas kit on, u probably will start scraping the kit when u pull out of some places when u lower the car, but i cant say for sure.
you will scrape stock height with the AAS kit...
Old 01-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #6
Travis99Alero

thats what i thought, but wasnt sure. i always had adjustable susp. when i had a kit, so didnt have to worry as much.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

koruptid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to koruptid
Quote:
Originally posted by 99Alero_Boy+Jan 12 2005, 03:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (99Alero_Boy @ Jan 12 2005, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Travis99Alero@Jan 12 2005, 01:59 PM
you will scrape stock height with the AAS kit... [/b][/quote]
Amen to that! <_<
koruptid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #8
AleroBloke

So no matter what rim or tire size i will scrape my body kit when i get one? . I was thinking of 18 inch rims, and not lower it, but if i get low prof tires it will have a big gap in the wheel well right? then i have to lower it...so pretty much after I get the AAS kit, i have to be extremely careful where i pull out and into right? any stories you can tell me about or share about this certain mod?

boxer briefs are the bomb all the support for the fruits
Old 01-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #9
Travis99Alero

basically, if u drvie your car every day, and put a kit on it, you're going to be breaking stuff (ie cracking your front bumper) from time to time.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #10
Travis99Alero

oh yeah, and man thongs rule.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #11
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
/\ dear gawd dont ever post that again!!!
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #12
|Rev|

Quote:
Originally posted by AleroBloke@Jan 12 2005, 08:39 PM
So no matter what rim or tire size i will scrape my body kit when i get one? . I was thinking of 18 inch rims, and not lower it, but if i get low prof tires it will have a big gap in the wheel well right? then i have to lower it...so pretty much after I get the AAS kit, i have to be extremely careful where i pull out and into right? any stories you can tell me about or share about this certain mod?

just get air ride, and when your pulling out of places, raise it, than lower it for normal driving :thumbsup:
For 18 inch wheels, get 325/40/18
Old 01-12-2005, 04:29 PM   #13
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|+Jan 12 2005, 03:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (|Rev| @ Jan 12 2005, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AleroBloke@Jan 12 2005, 08:39 PM

just get air ride, and when your pulling out of places, raise it, than lower it for normal driving :thumbsup:
For 18 inch wheels, get 325/40/18 [/b][/quote]
how about leaving it raised for normal driving, there is f***ing potholes and bumps all over teh place here in denver, just lower it for parking and shows....
Old 01-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #14
AleroBloke

I can't believe you actually looked for man thongs..man o man, that is the grosest thing i have ever seen, I wonder what are the requirements to be a "man thong" model. Anyway, on topic now, I am gonna crack my aas kit no matter what..man that sucks. makes me iffy..cuz where i live there is a dip from where the sidwalk is to my driveway, and I have to go in and out slowly so i don't scrape--even with stock bumpers and lift..this sucks...that thong sucks..white isnt' my color..i like black. h34r:
Old 01-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #15
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
i scrape everywhere and i just have the razzi.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:29 AM   #16
isellalerodrop

I got the aas kit with a 3' drop stock rims and tires and driving is a pain in the butt.Ow yea and Im wearing a flamingo colord man thong as I type this right now. :thumbsup: