Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-21-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
AleroBloke

I have a set up with a 2 farad cap and two 360 watt 2 channel sounstream amps and a nother amp to power my 6x9's so three amps in all, okay, i've got all the things put in and wired, I used the proper kit to wire them all..and i was wondering how do i split up the remote wires? do i just plug them into one and then from that one, get a wire and plug to the next in a continual patter or do i get a distribution block and use that? i have no idea i'm stuck,

right now i have then wired from one to another, and It takes a while to start up all amps, and it starts one at a time takes a few seconds, but sometimes i heara boooom when they start, how can i fix this.. i grounded all of them right, i used a dis. bloock for the power wires and set it up coreect, just not sure about the remote wires..thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
bigd6983

the remote wires sounds like you are fine......the more amps you have the lil longer they will take to power up, its no big deal unless it really bothers you, if it really does then you can look into relays and all kinds of crap to make that better......the boom when they start can mean a few things, 1. you can have a bad ground 2. you could have the wire turning on the amps hooked up to the wrong wire, you turn the the key to the on position which turns your radio on, once your radio is to a certain point it then turns your amps on, reason for the delay is so you dont get that thump which is cause my ignition and electrical noise.......make sure you used the remote wire off your head unit to turn the amps on, if you are positive you did that right, check and make sure you have a real good ground......with all those amps its very easy to get a ground loop and pick up noise.......so make the ground wires as short as possible and make sure they have a real good contact.....
Old 02-21-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
Screamin eagle
V.I.P. Member

Screamin eagle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Screamin eagle
starting that many amps can burn up the remote lead from your head unit, I've done it a few times. At any auto store you can get a turn on relay that will kind of amplify your turn on signal and distribute it to your amps. You can run it this way for a while and it may or maynot burn up, but the relay is like 3 bucks.