Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 08-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Talking Raceway Park points day

It was hot, but not too humid, there was a ton of cars there today all getting ready for am NHRA Divisional race next weekend at Maple Grove, and both Daytona and I went out 2nd round.

That's all the bad news, time for the good news::

Today was the Delta's first track day since the new motor and trans.

I was very pleased in the results. It was a little bit slower than I thought but only by about 3 tenths.

I didn't like the way the tranny goes thru 2nd gear. It's a very short gear and only stays there for about 2 seconds or less.

It crossed the finish line today running 4100 RPM with an ET of 15.791 @ 86.88 MPH A lot of people were surprised to see the car that ran 20.60 last season, running almost 5 full seconds faster this year. According to race-cars.net the car is putting down 204 HP and 265 at the flywheel see here http://www.race-cars.net/calculators...alculator.html The car weighs in at 4070 lbs

I am having traction issues however. I don't know if I stalled it too high, didn't do a good enough burnout, or the tires suck traction wise, but I lost second round to a .286 light and spinning the wheels around 20 feet (I could see the smoke from the tire) and it was loud screech too.

It felt faster on the lauch however, when I floored it, I was hanging on to the steering wheel to keep me in my seat. I put a little stress crack in it today . Maybe it is faster and 2nd gear is screwing everything up. Whatever it is, I'm very happy and proud of the runs the car did today

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Daytona : 08-13-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats dude, its cool to see the hard work pay off. Thats pretty damn impressive, its not every day that someone drops .5 off their et let alone 5 whole seconds. Thats gotta feel pretty damn good.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
1) KEN - Don't forget to check and see if there's an adjustable governor on the trans that you can adjust the shift points with. If none, then you might want to have a B&M Transpak put in the trans so the pressure points are consistent.

2) -.001 red 2nd round SUCKS.... it absolutely SUCKS!!!!! Could have otherwise won that round and moved into sole possession of 5th place as Hedenburg's opponent never showed up for that next round and I would have gotten that point instead. Plus Gould would have only been 2 or 3 ahead of me instead of the 5 he finished up on me by losing in the Finals, and Alloway at least 4 back instead of his 2 now. Thankfully there was only 5 rounds this week and not 6. Riccardi is still in 5th and me 6th by virtue of a tie-breaker with him.

Last edited by Daytona : 08-13-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
I will check

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #5
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Ken, keep working at the little things to improve ET..Silly question but what have you done to reduce weight on the S.S. Delta.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #6
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
wow shaving 5 seconds. awesome job man.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Congrats Ken, keep working at the little things to improve ET..Silly question but what have you done to reduce weight on the S.S. Delta.

Nothing

Doesn't have a/c right now, but I'm going to put in it (maybe I don't know yet)

I'm going to put on Welds probably in a year or two. I was going to do American racing Torqu Thursts but the Welds are 14 lbs vs 27 lbs.

www.facebook.com/kb0177