Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
shop work locally

live in rochester ny. i cannot for the life of me get a shop to put my flowmaster 40 on my car. its brand new and i see soo many people with them on their aleros. how can all these shops not be willing to do this? idk what to do im dieing to get this on my car.
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
go to an exhaust shop? there is no reason an exhaust shop would not be willing to take your money to install a simple muffler
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I found that alot of places won't do work like that because they aren't making any money on the sale end of it, or they don't deal with that particular brand, not all shops but most of the ones that I have dealt with.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
irondiezl3
GLS member

yea its rediculous the actual muffler shops are thge ones hassling me common its just A FLOWMASTER 40 ITS NO BIG DEAl AT ALL ITS amazing how they act like its the end of the world. i found one place that might do it they want to see the car first its like comon its a damn alero and adamn flowmaster two extremely common things gimme a damn break.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
yea its rediculous the actual muffler shops are thge ones hassling me common its just A FLOWMASTER 40 ITS NO BIG DEAl AT ALL ITS amazing how they act like its the end of the world. i found one place that might do it they want to see the car first its like comon its a damn alero and adamn flowmaster two extremely common things gimme a damn break.

DAMN RIGHT

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
Come down to Jamestown, you are bound to find someone who will do it!

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #7
irondiezl3
GLS member

one guy at monroe muffler says to me, what do you wanna do that for anyway, its a alero you cant make it fast, he says its just throwing your money out. i said to him actually i like my alero and second i bought the muffler for sound if i wanted to make my car faster id put a dual catback and supercharge it. i was pist i think they just dont wanna waste their time with that because they cant be making money off that deal. screw that if i had a shop id take any paying customer money is money.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #8
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
one guy at monroe muffler says to me, what do you wanna do that for anyway, its a alero you cant make it fast, he says its just throwing your money out. i said to him actually i like my alero and second i bought the muffler for sound if i wanted to make my car faster id put a dual catback and supercharge it. i was pist i think they just dont wanna waste their time with that because they cant be making money off that deal. screw that if i had a shop id take any paying customer money is money.

Get an employees name and attitude and tell the owner. "I was going to have a new muffler attached to my car but your employee Joe Dumfahk said he didn't think I should."

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
one guy at monroe muffler says to me, what do you wanna do that for anyway, its a alero you cant make it fast, he says its just throwing your money out.

you should have hit him in the face right there

or at least have said "you're a dumbeff" and left, i would have
Old 04-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:

i would have asked for the manager.... its not up to the employee what you choose to do w/ your own money...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #11
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
i had no problems finding a place here. i went to minute muffler and i told the guy (who also happens to own the place to) what i wanted and he pulled out his trusty massive book on the bends on all the exhaust possible, found mine and said "yup, this wont be a problem at all" and when i picked it up, he said "looks like you did your research cause it sounds damn nice! didnt expect that from an alero haha"
Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #12
irondiezl3
GLS member

he was the manager he has a mustang like its the best id love to tweek my alero and tear him a new ass but whatever he can have his opinion ill find a shop to do it. i could always call the owner
Old 04-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #13
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Hey isn't shinyalero in New york and does that kind of work maybe get up with him. Cherry is from NY maybe ge can glue it on or something . All jokes aside though I have run into this a ton of times...A perfect example is here I wanted to get my pads changed, and thats it....thats it! Then every place I went to was like oh we just don't put pads in we have to turn the rotors and stuff like that well I told them that was BS and watch me turn my butt around and walk out the door. Hell Circuit City, Best Buy places like that won't install a radio, alarm or anything for that matter in your car if they don't carry it. Its sad out there! Good luck! There quite a few mechs down here that would do that and proably charge you half the price.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
irondiezl3
GLS member

i hate ny another reason to move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

typical mustang owner
Old 04-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #16
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
/\ I was just going to say that. To a mustang owner if it isn't a rwd v8 that is slower than it by all rights should be it is a waste of time.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #17
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Look up Mufflerman in Kenmore, NY. they do a good job. They're on Delaware Ave. near Buffalo.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #18
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i can gaurentee that the monroe muffler here in lockport would install it.... all the guys in there are pretty decent...
Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #19
Onewing91
GX Member

Onewing91 is on a distinguished road
hold on, a guy from a muffler shop said you adding a MUFFLER would make ur car faster? what an idiot... its not like the flowmaster is being installed to add 50 hp to ur car, obviously its mainly for sound... well good luck and I hope you find someone to install it.

"I have a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell!"

3400 SFI V6 Mod: WAI, LEDs inside, 12" MPL Subs, Kenwood Amp, Clear Corners, nothing major
Onewing91 is offline   Reply With Quote