Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 10-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

xstrong4lifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xstrong4lifex
Exclamation Throttle Body for a 2.2L Ecotec?

I was wondering how much a difference is between a 58mm and 62mm?
xstrong4lifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i no genius here, but i'm pretty sure it is 4mm

ok seriously though, to really see a difference you need other upgrades to complement a bigger TB, do you have any other upgrades?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

ok seriously though, to really see a difference you need other upgrades to complement a bigger TB, do you have any other upgrades?

I have a WAI thats it.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
It will make a little difference in sound, acceleration, and things of that nature. You wont get huge power increases, but like i said, it does make a little difference. And it does help that you got that intake. Just do it.

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709

Last edited by bizarre179 : 10-19-2008 at 11:43 AM.
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre179 View Post
It will make a little difference in sound, acceleration, and things of that nature. You wont get huge power increases, but like i said, it does make a little difference. And it does help that you got that intake. Just do it.

I need more speed!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Like Kwhauck said, you need to have other things in the engine to actually see a good difference. You would probably need to port the intake manifold for the engine to actually receive extra air provided by the t.b. Also, with more air coming in, there would be more air coming out, so you need a higher flow exhaust. If you bolt it on right now, with what you say you've upgraded, you will see a difference, just not much of it. I would recommend you go for exhaust first. This link has a small paragraph on throttle bodies.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6217

Last edited by Valley olds : 10-19-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Valley olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
Like Kwhauck said, you need to have other things in the engine to actually see a good difference. You would probably need to port the intake manifold for the engine to actually receive extra air provided by the t.b. Also, with more air coming in, there would be more air coming out, so you need a higher flow exhaust. If you bolt it on right now, with what you say you've upgraded, you will see a difference, just not much of it. I would recommend you go for exhaust first. This link has a small paragraph on throttle bodies.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6217

Thanks, See I was thinking of replacing the exhaust along with the muffler all at once. Just need to find one in a reasonable price and worth it.

Is it also true replacing plugs sometimes helps with a bit of performance?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #8
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
Plugs and wires wont make you go faster (atleast anything highly noticeable), but you will notice a difference in how it starts/fires. Not sure if you will notice too much while regular driving. Throw some 8.5mm MSD wires on there and somegood plugs, and you will be happy.

Dont know too much about that kinda stuff because you cant really put wires on the 2.4. And never had the chance or reason to switch plugs.

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #9
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Ignition upgrades dont make much of a differece at all. The stock ignition setup should be good enough. Just make sure you have it properly maintained.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #10
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstrong4lifex View Post
I need more speed!
The quickest and easiest way is nitrous, but with all sorts of laws all over the place it might not be the right answer.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #11
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
dont just get a muffler get a high flow catback, and drop ina dynomax thats wat im doin its a 2.5 though so i heard there might be some low end torque loss
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #12
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
the ecotec does not have spark plug wires, it has a coil pack with a boot thats it, and according to the j-body guys the upgraded boot springs dont do shit iether
i have the 62mm t/b on my car with the rk sport intake with the rk sport header, into the factory cat using 2.5 pipe, i did have a high flow cat on mine, and it did nothing but throw codes, i used a o2 sim didnt help, replaced 02 sensors didnt help, i noticed no difference in power

when i went back to a factory cat again replaced 02 sensors, cleared the codes out what a difference, unless the ecm is tuned for bigger bolt on mod`s there is no need for a high flow cat all
the msd ignition box has helped with the j-body guys, check it out j-body.org, the only difference i noticed was a bit better throttle response, a tad bit more noisy, thats it, and gas mileage went down a bit as well
unless you have heavy mod`s like a blower turbo ported and polished heads there is really no need for a bigger t/b
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #13
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

LOL lol
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote