Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
Angry Hit and run like a biznach

Someone hit my car today, the rear quarter panel is dented in a little bit, the passenger side tailight is done, from the sound of it, does it sound like something i could have done myself? I'll post some pictures very soon, that way you guys can see it. The reason I dont wanna do the insurance thing is cuz i parked at the Y illegally overnight so in a sense this is my own fault.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks dude!!! its possible someone could have hit it, almost sounds like it anyways, guess we'll have to wait for the pics to make a assessment
Old 01-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
could pop it out and repair it yourself with bondo if your experienced with it.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

Yeah true, I'll go out in the morning and get some pics. I've been wanting to play with fiberglass for quite some time, cuz i did notice a hole in my rear bumper. Well car is parked legally now, lesson learned
Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
bondo isn't fiberglass.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
let me see a pic, if it was a hit and run its not your fault, insurance doesnt have to know where you parked or how it was a hit and run
and do you have experience at repairing something like this i mean body work isnt as easy as you think it is
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

I'm not experienced in body work, and i did get bondo and fiberglass confused for a second, my bad. I'll post some of the pics.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2976545/1 i got some pics on this cardomain link here. I'll shutup now and show you all the damage :P
Old 01-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pablo View Post
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2976545/1 i got some pics on this cardomain link here. I'll shutup now and show you all the damage :P
Doesn't look to bad, could have been worse. I noticed you mentioned the Razzi kit on your page, why don't you get in on the OSV kit buy?

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #10
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
oldsnut is right. I would try to salvage that tail light too. Put some clear lexan over it and make some clear tails
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #11
xbxradxsx
GX Member

xbxradxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Naw, that ain't too bad. My hit and run incident was worse than that and it was fixed fine. It warped into my trunk and shit, like there was about a 90* bend on the edge where the weather stripping goes (supposed to be flat) and they fixed it all fine.
I had to pay a $200 deductible for hit and run through my insurance. They were gonna make me pay a $500 deductible for uninsured motorists instead, but we finally got them down to the hot and run.
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
xbxradxsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Just a bump, not bad at all

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #13
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
get the osv kit. now is prob. the only time it will be avail. I would be all over it if i was working and had the money.

the damage doesn't look that bad

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #14
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
doesn't look to bad to me... Ditch the monkey sticker on the gas cap though...... And at least you have one clear taillight now.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #15
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
dude it looks like the rear body panel is pushed in a bit no biggie, and it looks like the deck lid and the 1/4 moved as well, you getting "bondo" and fibeerglass mixed up ya might not want to tackle this repair
unless you have a frame machine, and have experience on that go forit, becasue it does need to be pulled
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #16
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

i wish, that would be cool and yeah i got a lot to learn. but thanks guys for your feedback. It's not usually like me to get something like bondo and fiberglass confused, wasnt thinkin there. i'll look into having it pulled. thanks guys.