Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Slitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Slitz
Ok so a few months back i got in an accident and i totaly smashed my front bumper. I shredded it right now its being held together by 3m glue and ductape frum the inside. The hood is screwed but thats another story. I got rearended at school by someone...idk who. So in a nutshell both bumpers are screwed. I came home from school today and my mom told me that she had jus came in some money cuz one of her houses sold (shes a realestate agent) and that she was going to give me the money to replace my bumpers. I was lookin into the AAS kit.
For those of you that have it, is it a direct fit? I can get it painted and stuff i just wana know if its a simple swap or i have to have anything molded.
Slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
well i dont have one, but i can tell you no body kit is a direct fit. But some fit a lot better then others, which means less work trying to fit it, and less money if your paying someone to put it on.

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by steve-o@Apr 5 2006, 10:02 AM
well i dont have one, but i can tell you no body kit is a direct fit. But some fit a lot better then others, which means less work trying to fit it, and less money if your paying someone to put it on.
x10 if you plan to install it yourself, you may want to have someone help you who has done them before. It can take alot of time and patience to install a body kit properly.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Just ordered my kit from andys...7-10 business days...its like christmas lol
Old 04-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #5
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
great to know you waited for answers to your question
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #6
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Haha thanx. I wanted 2 get this thing since i got the car. If it dont fit ill make it fit.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
^ lol.

yeah, the aas kit has been a pain to fit up in a few spots. the side skirts are a joke, and the front bumper is way too wide. have fun.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
ok, when you get it, I hope you're really patient and accurate if you're going to do it yourself.

Installing: It bolts on in the factory mount locations, but YOU have to drill the holes (so dont screw it up )

Fitment: Best fitting kit I've ever seen (except side-skirt length is a tad off) and that comment is backed by 5 body shops that I've gotten quotes from, none of them can believe I didn't do anything to make the kit fit the way it does, and just bolted it on.

Finish: You'll have to probably tweak a couple of tiny spots in corners to make it look as good as factory ( ie: mo 'glass)

Strength: I recommend you have another layer added to the front section, particularly about 5" diameter out from the outer headlight corners, and while you're at it, 'glass in those useless little ducts at the very bottom front lip, cuz they'll break the minute you even so much as have a wet dream about a speed bump or pothole.

good luck!

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
Str33tRacer

whats this glass stuff. Ive never heard of it
Old 04-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #10
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

If i was going to do it all by myself id let u come here n run me over. Me and my friend mike who works at a car n bike shop are going to do it...the kid is real anal about everything so i have alittle faith. It took the kid like 10 min to put on decals so hopefully it will be fine. Ill make sure to take plenty of pics and do a video-ography lol plenty of cursing and swearing will be going on.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Str33tRacer@Apr 5 2006, 10:05 PM
i think he means fiberglass over it? i could be wrong
Old 04-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #12
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Str33tRacer@Apr 5 2006, 09:05 PM

That's my lazy way of getting out of typing out "fiberglass" which I'm pissed about now cuz you made me have to type the whole word out

oh yeah, and dont fiberglass over it, fiberglass under it.

$#%^!! you made me have to type it two more times :P

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #13
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Apr 5 2006, 09:56 PM
while you're at it, 'glass in those useless little ducts at the very bottom front lip, cuz they'll break the minute you even so much as have a wet dream about a speed bump or pothole.

good luck!
I know what your saying about pot holes my friend had a kit on his eclypse and we went thru a giant a** pothole i understand
Old 04-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #14
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
and, while you're at it, glass in the fog light holes and license plate indentation. that's what i did. and it looks muuuuch cleaner.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #15
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack+Apr 5 2006, 10:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackJack @ Apr 5 2006, 10:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Str33tRacer@Apr 5 2006, 09:05 PM

That's my lazy way of getting out of typing out "fiberglass" which I'm pissed about now cuz you made me have to type the whole word out

oh yeah, and dont fiberglass over it, fiberglass under it.

$#%^!! you made me have to type it two more times :P
[/b][/quote]
Sry BlackJack. I have to put some pics of my stock bumpers. I had to take off the front one and use ductape and 3m super glue to hold em together, it has been that way for a year so ill be so happy to get rid of it.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #16
Str33tRacer

how does a body kit go into a pot hole when the bodykit is above ground? thats a big pothole im assuming. i wish i knew how to fiberglass but i dont. Ive seen it done just dont have the materials
Old 04-06-2006, 10:56 PM   #17
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
I just ordered somthing from andys, shipping was great got it in like 6 days and they called to ask me when I wanted it delivered around what time.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #18
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Str33tRacer@Apr 6 2006, 09:50 PM
how does a body kit go into a pot hole when the bodykit is above ground? thats a big pothole im assuming. i wish i knew how to fiberglass but i dont. Ive seen it done just dont have the materials

Well he is one of those know it all kids. So when the sign said...RD CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION...he figured it was just bs to force him to go around. While yea neglecting to remember that they where digging up and re paving the road he went thru it...it wasnt like cracked it was just alittle shredded on the bottom. But wow it was funny to this day he refuses to go thru a rd closed sign