Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
white04alero
GL Member

white04alero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
security

hey yall. my subs got stolen recently, so now i want to put a security system in my car before i replace the subs. my question is what have you guys done for security? what works the best? what seems to be the worst? is there a security system that will use the stock key fob?

TIA
- pioneer 4900iB head unit
white04alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Anytime you put anything in or on your car you should protect it. Seems like an alarm is always an after thought. I use a python system, pretty basic but still cost around 200 hundred bucks. For that I got shock sensor that picks up any force done to the vehicle. I also have the alarm set to go to full alarm when either of the door handles is pulled. Got it as soon as I put rims on the car, and since then I have added overhead TV, Subs\amp\crossover, and a head unit. From time to time I have my GPS in there..PC's...etc...etc. Thank God nothing has happened yet...I also have my windows tinted which also adds a layer of security because most crooks don't want to break into the unknown. You are going to get a wide variety of answers so pick and chose.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Compustar with 2 way paging FTW.

There is NOTHING better.

Turn siren off, remote/pager on. Lay down some law next time.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
get viper alarm or clifford alarm they are VERY sensitive and loud. You just touch the car it will go off.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
just get anything with a 2 way pager and your set, if you have the cash i would get the new vipers that have 1 mile radius on the pager

or if you have an iphone you can get the viper smart start and be notified about your car anywhere in the world
http://www.viper.com/smartstart/

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
itsbmw

I've never liked DEI, couldn't tell you why I always use AutoPage alarms and remote starts. I have a 2 way sitting here right now, going into a mustang on monday.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
white04alero
GL Member

white04alero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
thanks guys. i think i have an idea of what i wanna do now. aleromod to the rescue again!
- pioneer 4900iB head unit
white04alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Compustar with 2 way paging FTW.

There is NOTHING better.

Turn siren off, remote/pager on. Lay down some law next time.

Bringing this back Ryan can you get me any deals on that alarm system?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
just get anything with a 2 way pager and your set, if you have the cash i would get the new vipers that have 1 mile radius on the pager

or if you have an iphone you can get the viper smart start and be notified about your car anywhere in the world
http://www.viper.com/smartstart/

i could do that with my BlackBerry

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #10
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Use star bolts for everything and shave all doorhandles. That way they want in break window then clim in through all the glass and have to climb back out lol. Never had a problem with stolen stuff. Quess if you want to do all that go ahead and take it hope u get cut deep lol. Or get a cheap alarm and trainhorns and mount it inside so someone breaks in they have to deal with a train horn! Lol think vinny has his like that
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
Use star bolts for everything and shave all doorhandles. That way they want in break window then clim in through all the glass and have to climb back out lol. Never had a problem with stolen stuff. Quess if you want to do all that go ahead and take it hope u get cut deep lol. Or get a cheap alarm and trainhorns and mount it inside so someone breaks in they have to deal with a train horn! Lol think vinny has his like that

I got a better idea the thing pages me then i go outside and meet them with my Smith & Wesson 45
Old 05-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
TheSoundDemon
GX Member

TheSoundDemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSoundDemon Send a message via MSN to TheSoundDemon Send a message via Yahoo to TheSoundDemon
I have a "mile" range Viper SST 2 way, and it does what it says...it will go UP TO a mile. Things you need to be aware of is that you'll have buildings and other sources of interference to deal with when using it. The smart start for the viper is an idea too and the app can be downloaded to your iphone or ipod touch for free. Disadvantage is it's an extra part that you need to purchase, plus an annual fee, and if you have the ipod touch and not an iphone, then you're limted by wifi connection (iphone is limited by cell phone reception). Compustars are amazing and from my understanding (I have a friend who installs them all the time) they truely do work to the range that they are stated (even with buildings in the way). It's all up to you though, if you're going to be near the vehicle at all times then a Viper, Clifford, or Python (all made by DEI) would work just fine. Just my opinion
Old 05-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #13
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Frys is selling cliffords for 245 insalled inc pager.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote