Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #21
Paul.C
GX Member

Paul.C is on a distinguished road
well i priced out the super charger and it was gonna cost around 4 grand. and well the main thing i dont like about the super charger is it increases torque but slaughters the over all horsepower. turbo creates a even boost through out all the areas of drive ( if set up and designed properly)

some thing i was recomended to try was to remove the computer from the alero and replace with my grandam........ heavier body recquires a different set up for how the car reacts all universal hookups cause of the n-body so should have no prob whats your thoughts?
Paul.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #22
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i think until a proper supercharger setup has been completed you can't say that turbo makes a lot more horsepower, or that a supercharger makes more torque, also like I said a proper supercharger setup would also have a nice even boost curve.........

switching computers is a stupid idea, you will be running hp tuners with a turbo setup and can program whatever the heck you want...

also if you keep your eyes open you can get a bolt on EM kit that shows up every once in awhile for $1500-2500
Old 11-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
Paul.C
GX Member

Paul.C is on a distinguished road
well to be honest the one reason i wanted to switch comps is cause that is what i have and it woukldnt cost me a cent. either way i will be keeping my eyes open for almost any thing that will create better performance.
Paul.C is offline   Reply With Quote