Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 01-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #21
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
Okay.. So i got the diagnostic this morning. They said the main issue is that the upstream O2 sensor isn't heating up enough and that's causing it to run too rich. They said that the Bosch sensor that I just installed isn't good for the header and exhaust setup. They suggested that I go with a Delphi sensor and that should fix it. Also they said that the fan is turning on low sometimes when the car is cold. They said it shouldn't turn on until the operating temp, which is like 220, is reached. Its not always, but it might also be causing it to run to cold, which would cause it to run rich. I was wondering if any one has any input on this, or if any one has had similar issues? Any suggestions would be awesome.

Bosch o2 sensors I have found suck. Go get the Delphi or AC Delco stock replacement. Or even find a Delphi or AC Delco heated o2 sensor from a GTP or whatever, and splice that into your harness so that once the ignition is on the o2 sensor is heating itself up before you even start the car.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #22
Dabear
GX Member

Dabear is on a distinguished road
I couldn't find any places around here that could get in Deplhi or AC Delco, so I ordered one from GM parts direct. I was thinking about going the heated rout but I wasn't sure how much of a pain it would be. What other cars could I get one off of?
Dabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #23
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
Okay.. So i got the diagnostic this morning. They said the main issue is that the upstream O2 sensor isn't heating up enough and that's causing it to run too rich. They said that the Bosch sensor that I just installed isn't good for the header and exhaust setup. They suggested that I go with a Delphi sensor and that should fix it. Also they said that the fan is turning on low sometimes when the car is cold. They said it shouldn't turn on until the operating temp, which is like 220, is reached. Its not always, but it might also be causing it to run to cold, which would cause it to run rich. I was wondering if any one has any input on this, or if any one has had similar issues? Any suggestions would be awesome.

ok here is my question? how good are you with wireing or electronics?

here is the deal, the 02 sensor you had before the header used to work good cause the runners on the stock manifold were shorter and all the cylinders were able heat up the sensor faster and the manifold keept the sensor hott cause it was made of cast iron.
Now you have a header with longer runners so the sensor sits farther away from were it just to be, plus the header is made from a different material wich makes it runs alot cooler then stock.

Like i said above run a heated 02 sensor for the up streem and your problems are solved, its easy to do your self or if you cant here is what you can buy so that it would be even easier. Plus dont run iridiums they dont do anything for you but cost you alot of money, stick with standar oem style spark plugs.
http://www.casperselectronics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CEI&Product_Co de=103025&Category_Code=

well this is the best i can do for you, the other choice would be put the stock manifold back on, problem solved.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #24
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
GA_turbo, you should write some books like those XXXXXX for Dummies. Was reading all the tread and couldnt really understand right, I red yours and bingo.

So basically, a heated sensor tells the car that it is hot before it is (if that makes sense)

I found this interresting as I plan on putting a full headers to muffler setup in spring
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:18 AM   #25
Dabear
GX Member

Dabear is on a distinguished road
Thanks GATurbo.. I'm pretty good with electronic work, but I just spent $65 for the new OEM sensor. I'm hoping that it will work, but if I have to go heated I would probably go with caspers, that a good price considering the sensor is included. Do you have any input on my electric fan issues?
Again, thanks a lot for your help..
Dabear is offline   Reply With Quote