Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 04-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Ready to rebuild.

Time to save money and have someplace do it, or find a ton of friends/family who know what they're doing and do an epic rebuild in 3-5 days. Daily driver, woot.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
I'LL.... watch from the saftey of my own couch. good luck w/ that.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
very nice!! should be much stronger to up that boost....

on a side note, i don't know much about your family or friends but I would fork over the cash and pay a good shop to do the whole nine yards, blueprint, balance, assembly, etc, shouldn't be too expensive.....i know mine hasn't been so far.......
Old 04-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, once it's rebuilt:
- Drag radials
- Snow Performance methanol injection system
- Walbro 255 liter/hr fuel pump
- RC Engineering 440cc injectors
- Pacesetter header
- Header back dual outlet quiet-as-possible exhaust
- Dyno tune
Old 04-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
Man, that is gonna be one mean car...

Not like it isn't already!

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
Alero_1986
GL Member

Alero_1986 is on a distinguished road
Looks good! What's the price tag on all the parts for the build?
Alero_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

$900, it would have been around $1200-1400 if I didn't find nice deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck
on a side note, i don't know much about your family or friends but I would fork over the cash and pay a good shop to do the whole nine yards, blueprint, balance, assembly, etc, shouldn't be too expensive.....i know mine hasn't been so far.......
I'd love to, but I don't know how much it'd be. One of the rods needs to lose 20 grams anyway. (Stupid design change mid-production left me with 3 rods of a certain weight and one that's 20g's more).

So you've had a place build yours? Did you bring them the engine itself or have them pull/rebuild/install (everything). There's quite a few local places I know around Michigan off XceedSpeed (a Michigan based car forum).
Old 04-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
do it from a garage and have live feed. One of the web sites I belong to did it when they did an 44 axel swap during the weekend it was cool as shit..lol
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

lol that would be cool, so you guys could check the status real time if i did it rather than a shop
Old 04-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #10
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
at least pull out the engine yourself to save some money. I did, then I stripped the the engine down to the block and send it to the machine shop to do the rest....install wiesco pistons, eagle rods, etc..
Old 04-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
lol that would be cool, so you guys could check the status real time if i did it rather than a shop

hell ya.....live feed til its done.....they had bunch f the foum members there wich made is cool to...............im not sure how they did it.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
at least pull out the engine yourself to save some money. I did, then I stripped the the engine down to the block and send it to the machine shop to do the rest....install wiesco pistons, eagle rods, etc..

and what was the price for you to do that? that's what i was planning on doing, then reinstalling all the "external" stuff with some people (head, timing chain, water pump, etc etc)
Old 04-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

thats exactly what im doing....was a bit pricey but since you already have the wiesco pistons and eagle rods it'll be a lil cheaper. I paid around 2 or 3 G's for everything. thats including the pistons and rods. They dip cleaned the block....modified the block and crankshaft to accept the 2.3L Quad 4 oil pump, honed the cylinders, polished the crank and some other shit so you should be looking at least at 2 or mayber 1500 since you got the pistons and rods and...dont want the 2.3L oil pump right?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

holy shit, that much for them to do just the bottom end swappage? that's RIDICULOUS. guy i know on j-body had a ton of shit done to his, had the shop to everything, pulling it, installing shit, and putting it back together for $600. one guy on here, over in south dakota (forget his name) had his done for $700 as well.

i just want things swapped
Old 04-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #15
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

well if you just wanna swap everything than it will be cheaper, but you might aswell honed the cylinders and replace the bearings and other stuff so you can up the boost without worries of something breaking.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

i have all new clevite bearings for everything, honing the cylinders is a given, it's pretty much gotta be done lol

i'll ask around and see what i get to save up for and hopefully have done quickly so i can hit the track and get some numbers
Old 04-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #17
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

good well hope to hear from you once its done
Old 04-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #18
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Are you honeing the block too, are are you going to keep that stock?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

stock size pistons
Old 04-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #20
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ OK just wondering.

Sometimes you have to hone, just becuase of the wear factor. Personally I wouldn't really want to hone.

Are they totally stock pistons, or are they dished in any way?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote