Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-16-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
AleroBloke

Well, I went to the shop to see how my car is coming along, and i went to start her up and everthing was fine, then went to roll down my driver side window. and i pushed the button and nothing happend, I hear the motor working and try to roll it down some more, and nothing. so i pulled down on the window, and it just slid down all by its self it seems as if it isn't attached to anything. if i push up on my window i can hear alot of noise, scratching and what not..but i have to push the window up with my hands all the way, and push up on the switch to have it stay in place to where it is closed,

has anyone had this problem..what is it, or what do i need to do. and cost.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
RoninKouga

i ve had a nearlz similar prob twice..

the windows didnt react to the switch... it has not been as cold to be frozen nor it was to hot... didn figure out y this happened.. next day the prob vanished.

same issues w' the remote.. sometimes it doesn work for 24h then w'o anithin the problem is gone ... dunno. posted it before, but im not too serious bout that, shes a girl so its oke to be picky sometimes hehhee
Old 07-18-2005, 12:51 AM   #3
Super White Alero

your plastic tab on the window is broken. Better stop using your window then that plastic clip is replace or you may wind up replacing the entire regulator which will cost you about $125 usd.

The plastic clip attached to your windown can be order thru GM direct. Just run a seach I can't remember the part number.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:53 AM   #4
gre0481

Quote:
Originally posted by RoninKouga@Jul 16 2005, 02:26 PM
i ve had a nearlz similar prob twice..

the windows didnt react to the switch... it has not been as cold to be frozen nor it was to hot... didn figure out y this happened.. next day the prob vanished.

same issues w' the remote.. sometimes it doesn work for 24h then w'o anithin the problem is gone ... dunno. posted it before, but im not too serious bout that, shes a girl so its oke to be picky sometimes hehhee

On the remote issue, my battery went low after 10 months of use. Replaced it and I have great distance and it works like new.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:39 AM   #5
RoninKouga

had the batteries changed on this issue ;_;

to the window.. what is this plastic tab? is it some kind of contact layer under the knobs?

and y should it blow the regulator?

i don't quite get this description since im kinda dumb in english hehehe