Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #21
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
because it will rust away at the car, the only thing you can do is spray it with 415 and this will stop the rust in its tracks and prevent it from getting worse

whats 415? i've never heard that recommeded...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #22
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
whats 415? i've never heard that recommeded...

i think its that paint over rust stuff, it can be matched to the car's factory paintjob, and it has a rust inhibitor in it, search POR 15 in google
Old 05-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
LMAO

It's Por-15.. not 415... and it's AWESOME!
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
you can throw IAT into the mix aswell, its really hit or miss with these sensors.
I drove with him logging data, IAT functioned fine.

Were no DTCs at the time. Everything looked good (not sure how to read MAF lb/min numbers or what's normal though) besides the coolant temp took forever to rise, and never got to normal operating temp (195ish). He called me right after he left Speed Industry and said the coolant temp jumped to norm. op. temp. and the car started acting up. Of course I couldn't datalog it by then.

I couldn't find anything wrong before that, but I did find it odd the 3400s run like 40 some degrees of spark advance and that he can cruise at 45 with only 2-3% throttle lol.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #25
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
I drove with him logging data, IAT functioned fine.

Were no DTCs at the time. Everything looked good (not sure how to read MAF lb/min numbers or what's normal though) besides the coolant temp took forever to rise, and never got to normal operating temp (195ish). He called me right after he left Speed Industry and said the coolant temp jumped to norm. op. temp. and the car started acting up. Of course I couldn't datalog it by then.

I couldn't find anything wrong before that, but I did find it odd the 3400s run like 40 some degrees of spark advance and that he can cruise at 45 with only 2-3% throttle lol.

i can cruise with 2-3% throttle, its great and i love it, probably what is responsible for the good gas mileage with a V6

what im saying is, his MAF and MAP and IAT need to be changed, i had the EXACT same problem, and i did those things and its a nice smooth shifting 4T45E again...

(he wont listen to a word i say)
Old 05-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #26
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
hmm....so, this clutch solenoid....do they go out often? would a transmission shop be able to diagnose it?

also, 2 new problems:

radio ticks.....only when engine is running. gets louder and quicker with more throttle

2. when I shut the car off, i hear gurgling water and don't know what it is

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #27
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
hmm....so, this clutch solenoid....do they go out often? would a transmission shop be able to diagnose it?

also, 2 new problems:

radio ticks.....only when engine is running. gets louder and quicker with more throttle

2. when I shut the car off, i hear gurgling water and don't know what it is

gurgling water is normal, mine does it also, its the heater core relieving pressure, and the ticking sounds like a ground loop
Old 05-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #28
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
It'll cost you at least $200 to get all of that professionally diagnosed if you don't commit to getting it repaired. A shop will usually take that off your bill if you get a lot of work done, but you're looking at well over $1k to get it running good.

Stop eating out, don't buy any new clothes, DVDs, music on iTunes, whatever... save up for a new car.

Don't drive very far and screw around for a while with the sales guy before they appraise your car if it drives best when it's cold. Chances are they won't even drive it, but you want to be sure it presents itself the best it can. Appearance is everything, so stop at Autozone on your way there and get codes cleared and make sure the inside and outside are spotless - that keeps them from looking too hard at anything else because it appears like you take good care of it.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #29
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
LMAO

It's Por-15.. not 415... and it's AWESOME!
haha my bad was hittin the booze

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #30
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

any updates rich?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #31
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
update: i've not been driving the car. I'm graduating and the last two weeks have been very busy. I'm driving my dad's pontiac vibe and the alero is sitting in the driveway.

p.s., i washed it to get the window paint off it and noticed that my drivers window isn't seating right. i think one of the regulators broke because the back side of the window is sagging in. i'm afraid to open it.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #32
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
update: i've not been driving the car. I'm graduating and the last two weeks have been very busy. I'm driving my dad's pontiac vibe and the alero is sitting in the driveway.

p.s., i washed it to get the window paint off it and noticed that my drivers window isn't seating right. i think one of the regulators broke because the back side of the window is sagging in. i'm afraid to open it.

dont. one of the clips broke..... verrrry common