Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-08-2004, 03:46 PM   #1
StealthAlero

Alright, first day when i bought my car last summer, the window fell through the door and my motor and window were replaced. This was when the car had only 42,000 miles. I also had plenty of tire pressure issues, i'd lose up to 15lbs in a week sometimes and other times still go for months without any leak, And they would charge me to check the tires out. They said they couldn't find any problems, but i still bought new rims and tires. Next my hub broke down, and i had to pay for that, because i guess it wasn't covered under warranty. Now i'm having to replace my water pump, i have a leak or something in my right headlamp which is letting in moistue that i supposed they can't fix, and i need a new belt, i don't think it was the drive belt but i could be wrong. Anyways for just those three problems they want $670 just for parts then $80/hr. for labor. Should i tell um to screw off or cough up the doe, keep in mind i only have 62,000 on my car right now. Isn't it a little early to be replacing the water pump? Also my speakers blew and they want $65 a speaker, man I hate GM, or just this car. Its a good car, i mean i've replaced everything thats went wrong, but its just to dam expensive for me. :wah:
Old 01-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #2
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
That does sound high. I would go to an independent place and have them price this stuff. That sounds like the bills I used to have when I would take my JAP 99 Mazda Protege for the several repairs it had to have. Thank GOD for my extended bumper to bumper 5 year 100 k miles on my Alero. Although from what I have checked, the Alero parts are not near as expensive as Mazda parts.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
3.4Alero

Just do it yourself. None of those jobs are hard.

Aren't you trying to sell your car?? Probably not the best advertising.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #4
Johnnyangel

as far as speakers go, just head to an audio shop and buy better ones for that price or less. Water pump is simple enough to do yourself, set aside 2 hours on a weekend to do it. Headlight, just get one off Ebay- I paid $60 each when I bought them to try clearing the corners- just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:31 PM   #5
StealthAlero

Yeah i am selling my ride, and i fix everything that goes wrong with it. Which if someone that is interested in buying my car should know. I don't just try to hide it, i get it repaired. Alright i might just have them install the belt and do the pump myself then. Still, i'm going to the dealership today to talk with them. Because my warranty should have covered many of these problems which i payed for out of my pocket. I might end up just selling the car back to them, since i leave for UTI in june.

Ohh and if someone is really interested in buying my car, it is CARFAX CERTIFIED.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #6
Johnnyangel

Um, you know you have to remove that belt anyway to do the pump, right? Why pay them to do it? I'd have them do the pump and put the belt on for no extra charge, if you're going to have them do anything.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:19 AM   #7
StealthAlero

alright, thanks for that tid bit. I'll make sure they don't charge me for that.