Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 09-20-2004, 12:10 AM   #21
|Rev|

OH, and the BFG traction T/A is a great tire for cumfort and performance mix, just FYI, good all season rating too.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:14 AM   #22
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Stock wheels have some Bridgestone Potenza RE910's on them. Not a bad tire. TireRack calls them a performance all-season. And I'd have to agree. They held the road great in the dry, and damn good in the wet. Never gave me any problems on snow or ice either. I have these in 225/50/16.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...l=Potenza+RE910

My aftermarket wheels have Bridgestone Potenza RE750's on them. These are rated as Ultra-High performance summer tires. I'd agree once again. They stuck like white on rice to the road and cornering was never an issue. Very little flex in the sidewall. They gave for a stiff ride though. I'm going to disagree with TireRack on the wet weather traction. Personally, I thought they sucked in the rain. It felt pretty squirlley compared to my stock wheels. That could have something to do with the fact I have a smaller contact patch with the ground with these. I have these in 215/40/17. I'd probably buy these again but in 225/45/17, it's a shame my stock wheels have wider tires then my "racing rims".
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...l=Potenza+RE750

Hmm...just did some checking. With the tires on my aftermarket rims, the overall diameter is 1.1 inches smaller then the stock wheels and tires. Even though the wheels themselves are an inch bigger. So, I guess my speedometer must be off something fierce. Well, not too much. Only 4.4% if my math is right.

But with the 225/45 I want to run, I'll be only a tenth of an inch off the stock overall diameter. Close enough. :thumbsup:
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:06 PM   #23
ddba12

I recently purchased Bridgestone "widetrack" 225/50/16's. They were $85 dollars a tire and ride very smooth. I deffinatlly recomend these tires for a stock replacement. They are 10x better than the Dunlop sp sport 8000's that I had before, and they hook up real well.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:39 PM   #24
00GLS23

Quote:
Originally posted by Naich@Nov 18 2003, 06:56 PM
Store/Site purchased: I bought these tires at Tire Barn cuz the manager knows me and hooks it up!

Initial product impressions, quality: Compared to the stock Goodyear's I replaced, 10x better. Wet traction is great, dry is even better! Very smooth and quiet ride.

If not self installed, cost of installation: I had all four installed, mounted, and balance for $400. This is just the cost of the tires as I was not charged for anything else! It's who you know, not what you know!! (sometimes)

Performance, appearance opinions: They are a little more aggressive than the stockers, but still have a nice clean look.

pics below

Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16
Bought a set of these about a month ago for the winter. Replaced stock Goodyear's.

For my aftermarket rims, I have a set of Falken GRB FK-451s.

If u wanna check em out: http://www.falkentire.com/tires_451.htm
Old 11-19-2004, 05:50 PM   #25
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Sumitomo HTR+ 225/45/17

Store/Site purchased: Tirerack.com

Initial product impressions, quality: Had the same tires on the ex-wife's Cavy. Know that the tires are a great buy $88 each and better than tires costing 2x as much

If not self installed, cost of installation: Cost about $400, mounted and balanced (I bought new rims too, though)

Performance, appearance opinions: Great in the snow and excellent on accleration and around turns. Much better than stock

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:23 PM   #26
bluephoAm

Falken Ziex ZE-512 215/60R15

Speed Rating: H (130 mph)
Load Index: 94 (1477 lbs)
Max Cold Pressure: 51 PSI
Treadwear Grade: 420
Traction Grade: A
Temperature Grade: A

I was looking for a tire that provided good grip, was not too pricey, looked somewhat aggressive, and would fit the stock rims.

I had these installed at Sears.. $465 overall for the tires ($66 a piece), installation and balancing, road hazard warranty, lifetime rotation and balance, tire disposal, front and rear alignment, and labor. I also had a brakelight out that the cashier noticed and they also fixed that. They also recommended that the tires stay inflated at 30 PSI for my car.

I noticed the difference right away. They grip really well on turns and in the rain and they are not as loud as the stock tires were.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:51 PM   #27
2000NavyAleroGLS

I also have the Eagle F1 GS-D3's on my car. They do have amazing wet traction and excellent dry pavement traction. I find that the little bit of gravel road driving that I do will cherw them up a little bit, but nothing too excessive. The snow traction isn't the greatest but I can live with it until I get my snow tires on, which are Blizzak MZ-03's. The traction in the snow for these is absolutely amazing too. Although I got some steel rims for them so I got narrower tires which helps. They are 195's instead of 225's. Its very hard to lose control with these, you'd have to be crazy to do it, which I have once, due to some stupid driving.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:07 AM   #28
1WhiteOSV

I too have the Falken Ziex tires as my winter tires and they are amazing...I love them so much! They're excellent in the snow/rain and great on dry pavement too; however, I won't be using them in the spring/summer though..I will be using the Fuzion tires on my 17" wheels.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #29
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
about a week ago i had a blowout on the 1 of the EAGLE RSA's
so i decided to go Yokohama i got the YK 420's handle a hundred time better in the snow and rain. About ten times quiter then the RSA'a aswell i like the tires they seem quality
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #30
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
i have nankang ns II they are a real nice tire for spring throgh fall. but have no snow traction
http://www.victoriatire.com/tires.html?car...kang&NAME=NS-II
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 01:36 PM   #31
thehammer07

i have the fuzion zri. 225/45r17. cost me 135 canadian each.( joys of working ata tire shop) these tires are amazing. they sell like hotcakes. best bang for the buck.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:15 AM   #32
freakout
V.I.P. Member

freakout is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting a set of traction t/a's, any opions. Stock wheels. Give review then.

What a great damn day, I can walk!
freakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #33
b1alero

I just had the Kumho 732's put on my factory wheels and I am amazed that they grab as well as they do. I plan opn using them for my winter tires when I replace the wheels I have for some more aggressive tire. But overall so far the 732's have me surprised
Old 03-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #34
AndysGX
GX Member

AndysGX is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had a lot of tires....

Ditched the factory crappers for Pirelli P6000.... crappers. Noisy, expensive, harsh ride, poor grip, poor tread life, etc. Don't buy them.
Switched to Continental Conti-extremes. Much better, but still kinda pricey. Average tread life and noise, above average grip.
Had a blow out, bought the previously mentioned Fuzion Ziex, as it was the only thing I could get in a hurry. No trounles so far.
Today, ordered a set of Kumho Solus HK16s. Great price at $55 a piece, and they have excellent reviews all around. I'll update my post in a year or so with how they've done.....
ARE wheels
Aleromod member: THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD
And these people can vote and drive on public roads....
AndysGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #35
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
ContiExtremeContact FTW!

Have had them on the drive wheels for about 17,000 miles now and the front two are probably to about 4/32 of tread life left. They still perform great considering the amount of wear on them. The best snow-going all-season tire I've ever had.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 AM   #36
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
My stock replacements are the Michelin Harmony's
Michelins are always great quality tires, you cant go wrong there!! Just expensive.
Treadwear- 740
Traction- A
Temperature- B
100,000 mile warranty as well.. cant beat it.
GREAT in snow/water/etc... You can just about charge through anything without hydroplaning.. its like night and day to other tires. A little over 100 bucks a peice through our suppliers i think it was...
Old 03-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #37
swwhite
GX Member

swwhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Great Post! I actually sell tires wholesale here in upstate NY. I love to know what other people who are not in the business think about tires.
swwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #38
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Get this going guys, I'll need new tires soon and I want info!

Goodyear Nordic (STUDDED)

Store/Site purchased:
Canadian Tire

Initial product impressions, quality: Tires had a great review all over the board, only complaints were of Road noise and a little rougher than a regular tire. but it IS a Snow tire.

If not self installed, cost of installation:
Cost about $500 for everything. Tires, Studs, Mounting and balancing.

Performance, appearance opinions: I loved them, I've been going through 4 and 5 inches of powder with no issues, the alero just treks forward and keeps cutting through. The tire does what it is meant to do and keeps you on the road and going where you need to go. Only change in my opinion would be that Next time, I will not go for studded.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #39
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
BFGoodrich g-Force KDW

Best ever. Key feature: Dry and Wet traction. Absolutely amazing. IMO best street tires you can get.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #40
mfuller

I have a new favorite - Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R. Very sticky; close to a R-compound tire. Stiff sidewalls, and less brand-new tread-depth than most tires (only 9/32"). Exceptionally quiet considering the caliber of tire.....although I can't hear much over my exhaust....
Stole 'em from The Tire Rack @ $104 each (225/45R17 91W).
NOTE: These were on closeout when I bought them; not many left.

Treadwear Grade: 140 (!)
Traction Grade: A
Temperature Grade: A