Blktrax is on a distinguished road
and all the electrical connectors you can get to
Old 11-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #22
tomekbrek
GX Member

tomekbrek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomekbrek
Hi.
Did you resolve that problem? i asking, becouse since two days i have the same problem... 30 miles and 1350-1600, and second about 1800-2100.
No rain, no snow, normal, regular fall....
Old 10-14-2010, 02:02 AM   #23
scott192
GX Member

scott192 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktrax View Post
Found this:

Service Bullitin
4T40E , 4T45E , 4T65E Surge Slip Condition Under Load in 2nd, 3rd , and or 4th - kw 3.1 automatic body chuggle fourth hesitation hot LG8 miss second shift third valve #PI01385A - (Mar 25, 2004)

4T40E, 4T45E, 4T65E Surge Slip Condition Under Load in 2nd 3rd and or 4th.

Condition/Concern:

The 4T40E/4T45E/4T65E automatic transmission may experience a slip surge condition in second, third and or fourth gears while under load, such as driving up a long hill or mountain. The conditions either separate or working in combination seem to cause the 'Engine Load %' to drop to a value which the PCM commands a lower line pressure (increase in PCS amperage).
'Normal' degradation of MAF over time aggravated by induction of foreign material (fine dust, oil from non-OEM air induction systems; secondly, build up of carbon deposits in combustion chamber/intake valves over time; thirdly, outside ambient temperatures above 95 degrees F(35 degrees C) seem to aggravate the condition.

Recommendation/Instructions:

The MAF should be swapped from a known good unit or replaced and the vehicle evaluated
Clean the top half of engine to remove carbon deposits. Use GM PN 12378546, 3 Step Induction Cleaner Kit, available through GMSPO.The 3 Step Induction Cleaner Kit should be used with tool E-957-001-C available from Auto Tech Industries at 1-800-522-8882 who is the approved supplier of the installation tool. The E-957-001-C kit costs about $595 but has all the adapters to work on TBI and multiport systems and EGR cleaning.

However I'd get a can of CRC Electrical Connector cleaner and open all the connectors, spray them out, let then sit for and hour or so, dry out and reconnect. Also very good for cleaning the MAF

effin rights!! i thought i needed tranny work dreading the day i had to go in and get it fixed!! figured i should check out the forum and sure as shit read this and the lightbulb came on.. got my self a can of MAF cleaner and throttle body cleaner and wow no more weird surging!!!

this should be sticky'd
parts so far: 10000k hid heads and fogs, alpine INAW900, bluetooth, backup camera, alpine mrp-m2000, 18fi btl, 270amp mechman alterntor, 2 Redtop Batt's, all LED lights and color changing signals white/amber (every bulb other then dummy lights) and limo back 3 and 20% in the front and tinted tails
check out my car http://www.youtube.com/user/scott192
Quote:
Well I know my car is female because she was bleeding for 7 days and didnt die!

Last edited by scott192 : 10-14-2010 at 02:05 AM.
scott192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #24
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
go figure, water shouldn't really hurt that much on your engine, I mean Greg and I pull up to the cooling stations between rounds and soak our engine pretty thoroughly, but yes sucked up a little water could make your MAF need a good cleaning.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #25
hotrodwolf
GX Member

hotrodwolf is on a distinguished road
does the car get a engine light from this? My car still seems to miss under load, and the light flashes while its missing. Same possible problem?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 AM   #26
scott192
GX Member

scott192 is on a distinguished road
that sounds more like a bad coil take a multimeter and check the resistance of all the coils from top to top and bottem to bottem and they should be the same all 3 coils if ones off its bad
parts so far: 10000k hid heads and fogs, alpine INAW900, bluetooth, backup camera, alpine mrp-m2000, 18fi btl, 270amp mechman alterntor, 2 Redtop Batt's, all LED lights and color changing signals white/amber (every bulb other then dummy lights) and limo back 3 and 20% in the front and tinted tails
check out my car http://www.youtube.com/user/scott192
Quote:
Well I know my car is female because she was bleeding for 7 days and didnt die!
scott192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #27
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodwolf View Post
does the car get a engine light from this? My car still seems to miss under load, and the light flashes while its missing. Same possible problem?

flashing SES light has to do with a catalytic converter, you probably shouldnt be driving your car if the SES is flashing.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:43 AM   #28
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
mine used to do that. then the tranny started slipping. but i didnt go through water.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #29
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Fascinating! I have never heard of a dirty MAF causing transmission problems on any other car.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #30
Fuzzyspudkiss
GX Member

Fuzzyspudkiss is on a distinguished road
Quote:

My car was missing under a load and it turned out that one of my sparks was cracked. It was a cheap fix, so if you didn't already, I would check the spark plugs.

Last edited by Fuzzyspudkiss : 10-26-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Fuzzyspudkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #31
hotrodwolf
GX Member

hotrodwolf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
flashing SES light has to do with a catalytic converter, you probably shouldnt be driving your car if the SES is flashing.

I have a new magnaflow CAT on the car. Is there something i should do to test the cat? Or would it mean a bad o2 sensor?
Old 10-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #32
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
lately i get vibrations at stops. 2.2 eco automatic, with it in Drive. if i put in neutral the vibrations go away. never had surging but i do get hard shifts into second every now and then
and SVS light still on even after installing new cat and o2 sensors "cat converter efficiency below threshold" is what it keeps telling me sorry don't remember the code
Old 10-31-2010, 12:52 AM   #33
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #34
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
I have a new magnaflow CAT on the car. Is there something i should do to test the cat? Or would it mean a bad o2 sensor?

yea drive the car and if the cat explodes and you lose your feet & legs, you'll know something was wrong with it.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #35
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

yeah that sounds right...