Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Fedex man, I love you!!

Well, it wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow but much to my delight there was a package waiting for me when I got home....

Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
dood, you totally violated protocol on that one.

1) did you inspect the package for unusual stains or discoloration?
2) did you inspect the package for signs of tampering?
3) were there any non-descript markings or labels such as "To occupant"?
4) was there anything suspicious looking about the post-mark?

j/k man, looks like a barrel of fun! All you need now is an engine that can make enough power to justify them

By the way, about that thread title.....you forgot to say "No HOMO"

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
or... give them to a shop to duplicate them, for a cheap price, so we can all have them!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
dood, you totally violated protocol on that one.

1) did you inspect the package for unusual stains or discoloration?
2) did you inspect the package for signs of tampering?
3) were there any non-descript markings or labels such as "To occupant"?
4) was there anything suspicious looking about the post-mark?

j/k man, looks like a barrel of fun! All you need now is an engine that can make enough power to justify them

By the way, about that thread title.....you forgot to say "No HOMO"

lol.....i will be happy just to driving the alero this summer with the stock motor and completed 5 speed swap, i'll worry about the built motor next summer after you break the sound barrier......or get eaten by your turbo, whichever happens first....
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
phillipandtabby
GX Member

phillipandtabby is on a distinguished road
After reviewing the pic of the box i coming to the realization that that package was mailed to the wrong address. so please IM me so i can give you the correct address, its in ft Riley. sorry for the inconvenience.
phillipandtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

lol......very funny newb....you are gonna fit right in......
Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
01GrandAm
GX Member

01GrandAm is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I noticed they got there a day ahead of schedule when I checked my e-mail today... Fed-Ex has been kicking ass lately.

Enjoy the headers, I can't wait until I get my project finished up.
01GrandAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
Malibu369258
GL Member

Malibu369258 is on a distinguished road
Does Kyle want to buy another set...

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1714819769.html
Malibu369258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu369258 View Post

umm no, i was gonna be all over it though if they were like $200.....
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #10
01GrandAm
GX Member

01GrandAm is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Trying to sell them already.... he just got them yesterday and paid $435 shipped. Guess if you can make a few bucks go for it but they sold for $515 with a flex when S&S was still open.

Last edited by 01GrandAm : 04-29-2010 at 11:22 PM.
01GrandAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Please please please replicate! They would have been mine if I had internet regularly...whatever happened to the vents you were going to pull?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I doubt something like that will sell on CL, at least not locally

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #13
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Uh, "Location: Thornton " ??
Old 04-29-2010, 11:36 PM   #14
Malibu369258
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Uh, "Location: Thornton " ??

Yeah and... I check craigslist almost daily for alero or ecotec parts. Most overpriced anyways...
Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #15
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Yeah and... I check craigslist almost daily for alero or ecotec parts. Most overpriced anyways...

there is that nice OSV kit for sale.......you should buy it!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #16
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
umm no, i was gonna be all over it though if they were like $200.....

dood seriously wants $600 for uncoated headers? yeah, good luck with that one. oh yeah, and they're "RARE" since the company shut down. LOL

I'll wait for a set from Ben if he gets around to it. Should go pretty nice with the Nitrous beast I'm building for my daughter.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:52 AM   #17
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GrandAm View Post
Trying to sell them already.... he just got them yesterday and paid $435 shipped. Guess if you can make a few bucks go for it but they sold for $515 with a flex when S&S was still open.

In Thornton, CO ?

here's what his ad says:

"I bought them for my 04 Grand Am but unfortunately i need the money so i will not be using them. ................

Cash offers only... no low-ballers i paid a set amount and i wont take a loss on these.
Thanks "

I should offer him 450 just to call him on his claim.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #18
Malibu369258
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GrandAm View Post

They're not mine, this is an ad I found on craigslist, and yes he's a little over his head, just like most things listed in Northern Colorado and the Denver Metro area.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

So lets talk thermal coatings. When I had TOG headers that were JetHot coated I was not happy with the results. They were more like paint than a thermal barrier. Not to mention that by the time I got give of them and their "lifetime" warranty they were starting to flake and rust.

I have heard great reviews about this though.

http://www.swaintech.com/store.asp?pid=10969

I think I may rock them raw this summer and let them get some heat cycles in. Then this fall I will remove the headers and pay the money to get them coated and do the 6-8 week wait.

Opinions?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #20
xnick
GX Member

xnick is on a distinguished road
my buddy did swaintech on his 3800 hesders... The car has less than a mile on it since tho... Waiting on a tune

<--- Will eventually look this sexy.
xnick is offline   Reply With Quote