Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 03-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
AleroBloke

Store/Site purchased: Mr. Naich

Cost/Shipping:Total cost for me was cheaper than advertized since I got the first 3Incher. I think Naich is selling them starting at 105-150 bucks or so. Shipping was included in the price. Shipping was fast. It took awhile for him to order the parts, just because he was just starting off a new vendor I think. But when he said he was gonna send them, they came. and it only took a day. from NJ to here in SLC so it was really super fast.

Initial product impressions, quality: It all came neatly bubble wrapped and all the parts came as he said. You choose the couplings (i chose blue) and they were all there. The cai was neat and shiney, no scratches, just a few burr's on the end of the pipes, but that can be fixed with a file. Very neat, looked very professional.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: It didn't come with instructions,

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Medium: Installation took me about 3 hours. I just am not familar with the cai, I had to take off the old air box and that thing is huuuuuuge! i can tell why its so restrictive! and pull off the fender, jack up my car and take off the tire. After that, I still had some trouble setting up the cai and getting the pipes in the correct order, I guess this is where the instructions would have come in handy, but to all of you that are familiar with this (most of you) then it would be easy.

Performance, appearance opinions:I have yet to take a long drive with my cai on, but I am excited for this weeken i get to really test it. The sound of my car changed to a deeper growl when I punch it, it also has a sucking noise at around 2500 - 3000 rpm which is pretty neat, since i can tell that it is working, but all in all It is a good prodouct. I got the blue couplings so that when I do my wires in blue and eveyrthing else would match, it makes my engine look very neat and clean, especially made so much room, after taking hte old air box out.

I was very impressed with this product both performance and sound and looks. The cost is a great deal lower than any other company out there. And you know it is quality and test fit to our aleros. Nick will take car of you. I give this product and A+.

As for pictures, my car went into the shop the same day after i got my cai, I guess my wheelbearing are bad, but i'm gonna head over the the shop tonight and snap some pictures and show you the cai. I looks sweet, thanks a bunch
Old 03-02-2005, 01:38 AM   #2
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Doh! I didn't know you were ready to install it. I had finished the instructions and PMed them to you eariler today, but I didn't realize that you had already installed it.

Well, I have instructions from now on for anyone who orders it. Alerobloke was the very first 3" intake sold!

Anyway, I am glad you are happy with the product. Thanks for doing business!

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
For future references, here are the installation instructions. Bloke, do these sound about right?

CAI Installation

1. Open the hood of your car and observe your engine bay. You should see the stock airbox behind the battery, and the stock intake tubing going from the airbox to the MAF, as well as the tubes from the MAF to the Throttle Body (TB)

2. Begin removing the stock intake parts. There are several nuts holding it on. You might find it easier to remove the battery to get al all the nuts. Some of the stock parts under the airbox will not come off until you jack up the car, so be patient and take your time.

3. Either use a hydraulic lift, or the jack from your trunk to jack up the driver side of your car. Please make sure you read the jacking instructions included in your owners manual. You will see a notch in the side of your car specifically designed to be used with the stock jack. Once the wheel is off the ground, take off your driver side wheel.

4. Using a ratchet, unbolt the screws holding in the plastic trim in the wheel well and under the car. This should be pretty easy. Make sure you keep the bolts in a safe location so you can put them back in when you’re done. Now, using a flat head screwdriver, pry out the plastic rivets that hold the outer edge of the wheel well liner on. If you break one, don’t worry… they sell them cheap at autozone or home depot.

5. Now take all the black wheel well trim off from about the midpoint of the wheel well forward to under the bumper. You should be able to see inside your fender, where the washer fluid bottle is located. You will now be able to remove all the remnants of the stock intake tubing.

6. Now, look down inside your engine compartment. You will see a hole from inside the engine compartment into your engine bay next to the battery. From underneath the fender, take the filter and pipe 2, and work the pipe up through that hole. Be careful not to scratch up the pipe! The filter should be facing somewhat forward and somewhat pigeon toed out toward the outside of the fender.

7. Take Coupler 1 (which has grommets in it) and attach it to the end of the throttle body. Attach the other end to the MAF. Now, attach Coupler 2 (with no grommets) to the other end of the MAF. Attach the long L-shaped pipe from the MAF coupler. Now, use the smallest straight pipe, and attach it to the bottom of the L-shaped pipe with another coupler. Attach the filter to the smaller L-shaped pipe, and slide that pipe up inside the fender from the bottom through the hole between the fender and engine compartment Make sure it is angled so that the filter fits into the space and the top of the pipe is in the engine bay. Use the last coupler to attach that pipe and the short pipe. *Note: You may need to use some play in the couplers to get everything lined up properly.* It may be easier not to tighten down the clamps until everything is set in place.

8. Make sure to bolt the wheel well covers and plastic under the bumpers back to the car. Reattach the wheel, and lower the car back down to the ground carefully. Plug in the censors into the grommets in coupler 1.

9. Be aware that you might need to slide up the battery a bit to help the CAI fit better. Also, you might need to work the loosen the couplers a little to get some extra play in the intake while installing it. Make sure you retighten it when you’re finished.

*Please note that this installation guide is to be used at your own risk. I and/or Aleromod.com take no responsibilities for damage you may cause to your car because of the installation or parts.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
SSmite Thee Human

I went to install my new Naichspeed 3" CAI today, and I ran into some trouble. Is the filter supposed to be positioned where this picture shows it?

[attachmentid=5999]

I had a very hard time getting things to line up at all, and this was the best I could do. If this looks wrong, I can try again. After I put the fender liner back in, it seemed that it was being pushed towards the tire a bit by the CAI, which doesn't seem right to me. I'd appreciate any input.

Oh, and for reference, I didn't tighten things down until I had all the pipes together, and I slid the battery as far forward as possible.

Regards,
Matt
Old 04-10-2005, 04:59 AM   #5
AleroBloke

check your pm..i had this very very same problem