Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Question Need some ideas and maybe a bit help ...

First off this isn't for an alero, but I did acquire the items from here with hopes of installing then into my alero.

Anyway, I need some help to find some good decent priced speakers to complement the stuff I already have sitting waiting to go into the new vehicle (2008 Chevy Silverado.)

I have a pair of 7" Ascendant Audio Havoc Carbon Mid-woofers (for the rear doors) and a pair of Rainbow 1" Silk dome tweeters (to go in the pillars.)

The main issue is the truck is being shown in a "Street/Stock +2" class and I'm already maxed out on allowed mods (counting my 7.5" lift and new wheels/tires)... So everything must look stock. The big hindrance there is no amps anywhere in the cab unless they are completely hidden.

Hoping for any information/advice/help that I can get.

Thanks in advance!
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
try crutchfield.com?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
are you looking for ideas on how and where to hide an amp set up so you can get an edge in that category or just looking for the best products to run off the stock equipment, or lack thereof??
I am trying to remember the layout of the backseats of those trucks... are they on frame rails or just right on the floor like the alero? if they are on a rail, you could mount the amp(s) to the underside of the seats and run your wires through wire loom to make it appear as though it is stock wiring for the seats, then up to the fuse block so you do not have an extra wire going to your battery, which would be a dead give away that you have amps hidden somewhere...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
try crutchfield.com?

All ready been on there doing some research. Was hoping for more of a speaker suggestion to compliment what I already have. Maybe Ryan or Cherry can provide some help since they both know these speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
are you looking for ideas on how and where to hide an amp set up so you can get an edge in that category or just looking for the best products to run off the stock equipment, or lack thereof??
I am trying to remember the layout of the backseats of those trucks... are they on frame rails or just right on the floor like the alero? if they are on a rail, you could mount the amp(s) to the underside of the seats and run your wires through wire loom to make it appear as though it is stock wiring for the seats, then up to the fuse block so you do not have an extra wire going to your battery, which would be a dead give away that you have amps hidden somewhere...

Not looking for an edge in that category ... I love music and want some great sound but I cannot have any more mods otherwise I would be moved up to the "Modified" class and there is no way I can compete at that level. If I have amps they would have to be hidden so much that a they might as well be non-existent. Nothing can be added or disturbed by appearance in the cabin of my truck.

In regards to the back seats ... My truck is an extended cab with flip up rear split 60@40 bench.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
AleroKing
GX Member

AleroKing is on a distinguished road
i just did a build on a 07 silverado i got the door speakers amp under the drivers seat, there is also room for amps under the rear seat too.

o and btw just to get some 6.5"s in the rear door i had to add a spacer ring and trim down the back of the door panel. and running wire through the grommets sucks on these trucks
AleroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
NONE
GX Member

NONE is on a distinguished road
I think he is saying the amps cannot be visible at all, maby get a under seat tray to block the view of the amps under rear seats , or get a in bed tool box throw all the amps/cap's/battery in there and run a loom into the cab? or if its that big of a deal go down through the bed along the inside of a frame rail and back up under carpet?
NONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
AleroKing
GX Member

maybe mount it under the rear seat with trim panels blocking the view under the seat?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #8
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
What is the size of the amplifier? Could you fit the amplifier in the center console...I know that in the Chevy Silverado 07 LT, there is a lot of room under the front/center seat.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
NONE
GX Member

NONE is on a distinguished road
yea ^ under the center would be a good place, or maby behind the rear seat back? I know on my 2000 silverado ext cab there is enough room to mount them to the cab's back wall. . .
NONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

There is no room for anything under the center part of the front seats as that was made into a storage compartment on the NNBS Silverado.

I guess the easiest way to get the information I was looking for is just to reword my question.

So, I need help in finding a speaker pair that will match what I have listed in the first post without an amplifier (at first) and with an amplifier (down the road.)
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
AleroKing
GX Member

look into the new nano sound digital amps you could easily put one in the center console or glove box they are stupid small.