Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 03-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Car-stuff.com

First, a few decent parts there, seemingly low prices, nick nacks, whatever..

I ordered the Pace-setter exhaust system from their website on the 16th of Feb. at around 8PM, it is now MARCH the 1st and i have YET to recieve a tracking number for the exhaust system i purchased.

Ive called them, done live chat with them about 6 times, emailed them, the whole 9 yards, and so far.. still no tracking number.

I was told that since the product i ordered was in SUCH high demand, it was (or in this case.. is going to be) shipped directly from the manufacturer. I have no problem with that, but when i called them wondering if anything has come up, (called them the 27th of feb.) they told me that my order was still in processing. STILL in processing! The lady i spoke with was very kind.. i could barely understand her accent, but she was nice. She told me she is going to contact the manufacturer and put my order on "high priority".. she also told me SINCE it is going to be shipped (i dont know if its shipped already or not..) directly from the manufacturer, i might recieve the exhaust any time between now and the next 3 - 10 days.. and not ever get a tracking number for it.. she also said to check my emails often to check up on any information they sent me.. its been a couple days, and nothing.

My gripe is this, why wasnt i warned about this.. why wasnt i told that the order would take longer than expected in an email.. why didnt they respond to my emails in the first place?

might give em another call. ive spoke with everyone in live chat, one person even twice. sorry to nag on the forum, but i want people to know should they go and order it from car-stuff.com..
Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:33 AM   #2
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
why didnt they give you the info and why is it taking so long?

even though the lady you spoke to is very nice and stuff, its still poor customer service when they dont give you an answer of any kind after multiple requests, but the thing is, just stay cool and dont get snippy b/c if your nice and cool about it, you'll get results but if your pissy about it, then they might just taken even longer just to piss ya off more.

once you get your system, just dont deal through them any more if you not happy with the service you recieved, its all about trial and error my friend
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #3
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:45 AM   #4
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Might have shipped by USPS. They don't really track shipments most the time unless you pay some big bucks for it, they usually just do delivery confirmation. USP though will track the entire shipping progress of a package. It's a toss up in my opinion. I get more mangles USP packages than USPS packages. I've been pretty lucky with both though and even though some packages are totally mangled the containts were fine (whew).
Ghadsphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #5
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ you mean UPS
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
that kind of thing happend to me also. my friend owns a store that orders after market stuff, and i ordered a strut tower bar. the order usually take 1-3 weeks tops. a month went by and my friend phoned them. he did this several times and he never got a hold of them. same with my springs i ordered, but they told me when they would be done. after a month i never got my springs, and they said they "had to make them, they would be done friday". call em friday, "we have to paint them you will have them monday". monday , "they are drying". got them and was so happy. i was pissed at the company. also took my friend 3 months to get headers for his sentra. some people may say buy your stuff from the internet, but this is a good friend of mine and i get alot of stuff at almost cost. plus when a problem arises such as these, i don't have to worry about it. it's his problem.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Ask for a manufacturer order reference number. Contact the manufacturer and get the info including when the car-stuff.com place ordered from them.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Midgear
on vacation

now march 4th (its a sunday.. wouldnt expect any new info anyways..)

still nothing on the order, i called them friday or saturday and the guy told me that they have SEVEN warehouses to check threw to see if they have the item in stock, im not exactly sure how that works, but thats what i was told. if the item was out of stock, how was i able to purchase it.

So far, order is on high priority, ive been told my order is also on the "emergency" list.. whatever that means.

He said if i dont have it by tuesday, to give them another call. i pray to god it comes in monday or tuesday.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Haha, just like when the airline lost my bags and they said there was a "priority trace" on my bags, only to find out on my own that they were sitting at the airport.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
Midgear
on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleN0alero View Post
Haha, just like when the airline lost my bags and they said there was a "priority trace" on my bags, only to find out on my own that they were sitting at the airport.

Watch me find out that the package is sitting down at the UPS delivery building down the road.. that'd piss me off