Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 06-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Photo/Video 6.02.2009

As it sits today. Got a few more things to do before ASS '09, but heading to the track tomorrow to see what happens.

The downpipe. It's tight.

Video.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Nice, what are you shooting for as far as track times go?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
13.5 or better..
Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
looks nice and good job. One of the nices Aleros on here
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
leoalero
GX Member

leoalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to leoalero
Really nice,so what i read is you cannot push it to the limit because of the couplers?!?I didnt know the pressure was that high in the tubing!Nice and clean setup!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

Well it's at what pressure I want it to be at for now, it's just unreliable. The couplers could burst or blow off. Most of them are cheapo ones held on by worm gear clamps, which aren't able to hold the pressure that well. It's not that big of a deal. Once I get some quality ones on and t-bolt clamps it'll be good to go. This is my "plateau" time for my performance mods. I sit on this for a while. Next up is finishing the appearance/handling (springs, struts, tint, etc.), and then supporting mods for more boost (ARP head studs, porting, Cometic head gasket, 2.3L HO manifold) and then put on a Garrett GT30R turbo at the same boost level I'm at now, and see what happens.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
knuckleballer32
GX Member

knuckleballer32 is on a distinguished road
looks and sounds great. good job man
knuckleballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
13.5 or better..

it is a nice goal but how about you hit 13s first........and if you run slow, just come on here and post, don't make excuses like you did the last couple times........
Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
nice pictures, gonna have to ask ya few questions later on thru PMs. Lets see what you run, hope for the best tomorrow, I hope you got some BFG Drag Radials.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
it is a nice goal but how about you hit 13s first........and if you run slow, just come on here and post, don't make excuses like you did the last couple times........
Won't be any reasons to run slow without a non-intercooled hEATON... I enjoy sub 90 degree IATs all the time, contrary to the massive knock and 160 degree IATs with the blower.

If I can do 30-100 in 10 seconds, I think I can probably run a 13.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Open That Beast Up! Enough Granny Driving I Wanna Hear That Bitch Roar!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #12
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
so now you hate the EATON...I told you turbo was the way to go....should have installed ARP and your choice of head gasket before.

Now you gotta take her apart again. Trust me thats a pain in the ass.

Well I know you can do it, I just hope you get your tune right.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #13
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
T-bolt clamps....you have a PM..
Old 06-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #14
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
todays the day, just run it and don't make any excuses......
Old 06-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #15
jrim
GL Member

jrim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jrim
where those times at?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #16
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
he ran 14.3 @101.4.
posted on fb. Also says he was only running between 6-9 psi all night due to mbc problems. im sure he'll post about it eventually
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
todays the day, just run it and don't make any excuses......
Yeah, I'm just going to say "Yes, this is the absolute best that my setup can run" and ignore the fact that it was only on 8 psi compared to the 13.5 I had it tuned at, and that I haven't figured out my launch yet. (2.3 60')

Old 06-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
very nice...

EDIT: HAHA! your dash is moar fooked than mine!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

you mean almost 2.4 60ft.......