Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #361
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Ok im im leaving the shop now....all in all I think it went well and progress with the skirts was made....my bumper did have any issues really, it look good to me...the pics are there so you tell me?? but Hyma and his buddy was real cool. They put my car back the way they found it....had great attitudes...so what its worth my kudos to the shop guys....im going home...dueces
Old 05-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #362
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
im not in the buy at all, but just looking at it, it looks like the passenger rear pops out a bit when they had the clamps on the wheel well around the rear tail light... just my observation, it might be like that normally, i havent checked too closely, but i know you all are looking for any imperfections visible...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #363
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Why don't you ask Ion since he posted it. What is it with your Cat fetish?
LOL I slipped in the "i can haz cheezburger?" cat in one of the pictures at the beginning of the thread, and everyone LMAO'd, and then that and all the replies were removed... So I keep trying to slip it in.

I do it for the lulz.

I really hope shit gets sorted out mf-ing ASAP.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #364
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
alerosaint, did you address the issue on the rear bumper just forward of the tail light? where it sticks out? mine has the same issue.

also, im glad that they worked on the sideskirt. mine is diffinately cracked cause it got forced in place. almost like the crack on one of the pics.

the rear bumper, underneath the trunk lid still seems warped, or is that just me?
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #365
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
It looks a little wavy, but nothing major.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #366
joserivas19
GL Member

heres what i mean by the rear bumper tail light issue

theres a small gap there and it sticks out maybe 1/4 of an inch or so.

Last edited by joserivas19 : 05-09-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #367
tnalero99
GX Member

tnalero99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to see they finally can admit they did not make them right the first time. The rear looks a lot better than the pieces that we all recieved. Be interesting to see what they want to do now to make this right for us.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #368
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnalero99 View Post
Glad to see they finally can admit they did not make them right the first time. The rear looks a lot better than the pieces that we all recieved. Be interesting to see what they want to do now to make this right for us.

This is what Aldo will do for us.......we will get the new sides = no charge and we can keep the first ones. the rear well if you pay to ship yours back and then pay for shipping the new one to you then you can have a new rear.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #369
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joserivas19 View Post
heres what i mean by the rear bumper tail light issue

theres a small gap there and it sticks out maybe 1/4 of an inch or so.

this is the other area that bdyman and I had to heat up and reshape. Plus also if you adjust everything on the rear bumper mount points you can get rid of it after the heating.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #370
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Those side skirts look effing sexy. I never noticed them on the OSV.
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #371
joserivas19
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
this is the other area that bdyman and I had to heat up and reshape. Plus also if you adjust everything on the rear bumper mount points you can get rid of it after the heating.

yeah, but my rear bumper is cracking alot under the left taillight and some under the right. i dont even have an idea on how much its gonna cost to fix that. here, i found a shop that will work on the kit, but they want 700 bucks just to fix the left sideskirt that broken. i think thats just rediculous. i have no idea what i wanna do with this now.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 AM   #372
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
yeah, but my rear bumper is cracking alot under the left taillight and some under the right. i dont even have an idea on how much its gonna cost to fix that. here, i found a shop that will work on the kit, but they want 700 bucks just to fix the left sideskirt that broken. i think thats just rediculous. i have no idea what i wanna do with this now.

that doesn't surprise me on the $700. There is a lot of man hours in those side skirts. If they want that much for the side i bet they would want 1k-1.5k for the rear bumper,
Old 05-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #373
joserivas19
GL Member

yeah, thats what i was starting to guess. im gonna wait and see what happens with bodykits and then go from there; if i want to fix it or get one from bodykits thats not messed up.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:41 AM   #374
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
im not in the buy at all, but just looking at it, it looks like the passenger rear pops out a bit when they had the clamps on the wheel well around the rear tail light... just my observation, it might be like that normally, i havent checked too closely, but i know you all are looking for any imperfections visible...
Since they didnt bolt it down it had a lil pop out look to it....we took one of the clamps of and he pulled on it like it was bolted up and the area fitted tighter and smoother
Quote:
alerosaint, did you address the issue on the rear bumper just forward of the tail light? where it sticks out? mine has the same issue.

also, im glad that they worked on the sideskirt. mine is diffinately cracked cause it got forced in place. almost like the crack on one of the pics.

the rear bumper, underneath the trunk lid still seems warped, or is that just me?
To me the the rear bumper flowed well on my car, but like I said since it was not bolted up it pertruded a lil in couple places. When we did mock it up like it was bolt it looked smooth and lined up to me..also it was a lil wavy under the trunk lid but it also wasnt bolted down.....but compared to the others the warpage on my bumper was real minimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post

Hyma did say that....he said you can heat it up to adjust how much you want the flare

One thing I did noticed was the rear bumper I had installed on my car was not as badly warped as some of the other bumpers seen, and Im not a bodykit professional but to me the rear I had fit well....there a lil things that can be done to make it perfect but for the most part it went on there well....i mean you guys seen the pics what do you think?

Last edited by Alerosaint : 05-10-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Alerosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #375
Oldsman
Owner

it does fit much better. I just wish the first ones were like that and they would have sent us those.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #376
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Based on what we were told by Aldo when he was asked by Scot on the phone he stated that everyone would receive a new set of sideskirts at NO additional charge. That should include also. Do not spend a dime on your kit untill we get it all resolved.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #377
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
ok so, new side skirts, no cost, new bumper, shipping both ways?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #378
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good glad to see more progress is being made
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #379
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
ok so, new side skirts, no cost, new bumper, shipping both ways?

This is Correct!!! BS but correct
Old 05-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #380
black
Thread Crapper

black is on a distinguished road
my stuff is still in the boxes.

whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post
I now know how to chronically please rectums
black is offline   Reply With Quote