Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 01-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #41
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Quote:
Originally posted by *Iceman*2k6*+Jan 27 2006, 02:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(*Iceman*2k6* @ Jan 27 2006, 02:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>what kind of springs should I look for and how much are they going to cost me???
[/b]

refer to post at top of page 2.

<!--QuoteBegin-cruisinalero
@Jan 27 2006, 03:07 PM
cost wise how much does that cut out for the bumper cost???
[/quote]

mine was free i did it myself. carefully make a template of the drivers side cutout and flip it to draw the pass side guide line and cut , i used tinsnips to cut mine.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:19 PM   #42
Str33tRacer

i would agree with the lowering springs..... tinting the windows is a must and its nice too if u piss ppl off when u drive fast.... Neons inside and outside if you like that style and fixing small exterior things EI clear corners badges stickers IMO i think u can have a bodykit with grill inserts and stock rims only if its lowered. if you have a high car and put a kit on it it looks like ass because your bumper is still 6" off the ground. I have exaust... only because its for sound, but CAI headers brakes and ECUs are a waste of money i think because its an ALERO.... if u try to soop up an alero, good luck on the streets, not only will u be laughed at it will be slow as hell. aleros are not ment to be tuned fast! (with exception: props to reddog)if your going to spend money, put it into exterior mods if you wanted a fast car, shoulda bought a honda or eclipse
Old 01-30-2006, 11:26 PM   #43
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
I wouldnt go for cutting the springs at all, thats how i totally f***ed up my front suspension, its worth just paying 250 for a set of springs and saving all the pain in the a$$ problems down the line.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:29 PM   #44
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
I agree with the alero not being a straight out race car but f*** a honda and eclipse dude. I rather jump off a cliff then drive one of those pieces of crap, U cold turn an alero into a 500 horse monster but its gonna run u 25-30 thousand.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:42 PM   #45
*Iceman*2k6*

Quote:
Originally posted by MixtapeMessiah@Jan 30 2006, 10:29 PM
I agree with the alero not being a straight out race car but f*** a honda and eclipse dude. I rather jump off a cliff then drive one of those pieces of crap, U cold turn an alero into a 500 horse monster but its gonna run u 25-30 thousand.

that is too much money. and what is so bad about a honda or a eclipse?
Old 01-31-2006, 05:26 AM   #46
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
eclipses are teh ghey. Depends on what kinda honda you get, I want a prelude, and older one.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:33 AM   #47
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Str33tRacer@Jan 30 2006, 11:19 PM
, but CAI headers brakes and ECUs are a waste of money i think because its an ALERO.... if u try to soop up an alero, good luck on the streets, not only will u be laughed at it will be slow as hell. aleros are not ment to be tuned fast! if you wanted a fast car, shoulda bought a honda or eclipse

I will have to say you are wrong! any car is capable of being fast, and we are a different breed, we drive a car that is not expected to be modified, and that makes it that much sweeter when we are, and Redog is not the only fast car on this site (no disrespect Red) but some of us dont live near tracks to get time slips. people with the " its a waste of time to do this to an Alero" attitude need to drive a honda or eclipse, they are like roaches they come out of the woodwork and are way over populated.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:52 PM   #48
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
im too lazy to quote st33tracr but what are you smoking? and what kind of honda or eclipse are you talking about? the turbo eclipses are fast but the nonturbo ones are slower than our cars, same with honda, unless you are referring to a prelude or an si our cars are faster and as jabartram said much more unique and fun to get into a quick and fast form because no one expects it, i have a lot of people say that they never expected an oldsmobile to be as quick as mine is or handle as well as it does.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #49
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by MixtapeMessiah@Jan 30 2006, 10:29 PM

Yeah 12 second, street legal cars for under $10 grand is ghey :rolleyes:
Old 01-31-2006, 11:35 PM   #50
Str33tRacer

yeah maybe but there is no way in hell that youre gunna tell me that your gunna take the alerho down into the cities to race with it! and trust me. An eclipse Gs-t would smoke an alero anyday... yeah i mean you can tune and alero and make it fast but to me PERSONALLY its a waste of money because around where i live theres no way you will survive with an alero. Yeah it would be fast, but theres the guy with the STi that is always going to be faster than you... you get the point...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:45 PM   #51
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

You could own a Vette and somebody will ALWAYS be faster, no matter what is built somebody will always be faster.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:56 PM   #52
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
i think what hes tryin to say is that considering what we have to start with..... and the rather small amount of aftermarket parts availble for our cars..... if ur lookin to go fast with ur car there are better platforms to start with than an alero

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #53
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Sweet@Jan 31 2006, 11:56 PM
i think what hes tryin to say is that considering what we have to start with..... and the rather small amount of aftermarket parts availble for our cars..... if ur lookin to go fast with ur car there are better platforms to start with than an alero

I understand what he is saying, but then you are mixed in with all the photocopies on the road.

and we have gone way off topic, so lets get back on topic please.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #54
nateb06
GX Member

nateb06 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't agree with u guys all the way. if i had the $$ i would totally go out and buy a 93eclipse or talon. and just have a fun time modding it. IE like turbos, exhause headers, just make my own toy car thatd be fun to drive. but i don't even have the $$ to do it to my ho lol...
nateb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:18 PM   #55
Str33tRacer

im not saying performance is a BAD idea. its just where i live i see no meaning to it, i would put into exteriors and sell it for more than its worth. Then after that go buy a faster car
Old 02-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #56
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry if this is a little off topic of our "battle of the import vs. domestic" topic ^_^

just curious since this has been in this thread lots.....

anyone know the Inlet/Outlet size of a stock 2000 Alero GLS 3400 V6 exhaust? was thinknig about getting a magnaflow muffler. with that i have 2 more questions:
1. would it make a difference if i get a oval or round body?
2. if i were to get a magnaflow for my car with stock pipes, how do u think it would sound? (like crap, decent, or above average)

this information would be sweet
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote