Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
Wai

okay i know its not the way to go but im gettin a cheap WAI and i dont think it has a spot for what i think is the mass air flow sensor so can anyone help me and tell me how i could possibly tap it into the new WAI and install the mass airflow sensor?
alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
where are you gettin the wai from?
wrestlingandrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
autozone lol...im gunna end up gettin an AEM down the road
Old 05-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
All you need is a drill and a drill bit the size of the sensor, that's about all it would take, and some sort of rubber seal. Good luck
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

k i thought so. i jus figured i would ask before i screw somethin up
Old 05-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #6
KenshinZero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
autozone lol...im gunna end up gettin an AEM down the road

are you getting those bends and making a "custom" one?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:12 AM   #7
alero_bmxer
GL Member

well i will only end up needing one 45 degree bend and then the long tube with the cone filter
Old 05-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #8
KenshinZero
GLS member

I have two 90 and that little straight tube with sensor adapters on it, but I also kept my stock air box thingy, if your using the 45 to attach to the air filter, you filter is gonna hit the fuse box there, it will fit however, you might hear the clunk of the filter under acceleration tho, i did, but i have no sound dampening under my hood, lol.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:29 AM   #9
KenshinZero
GLS member

thats with the 45 @ the end, that orange part is that little straight tube with the adapters, it cracked so i duck taped it, lol, i have since replaced both the 45 and that adapter tube, lol.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=52503195
Old 05-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #10
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Kenshin,
Just save your money and buy a SRI (short ram intake) from cosmoracing.com, you will be happier with this result. I had one of those autozone intakes and almost riddled my car with bullets trying to fit the bends and pipes, just right. I pain $90.50 for an intake shipped to my door, and they send it UPS. They also have fast shipping and great communication with thier customers.
-Smurf-
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
A Hole saw, that's what you'll need

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #12
acat550
GX Member

acat550 is on a distinguished road
Did that short ram intake from cosmo give you alot more power? how bout fuel economy?? Was it the evolution model too? Im thinking about getting one
acat550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:11 AM   #13
KenshinZero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acat550 View Post
Did that short ram intake from cosmo give you alot more power? how bout fuel economy?? Was it the evolution model too? Im thinking about getting one

I noticed better fuel economy with a WAI than a CAI, as far as feel goes, I think its more of a mental thing, the engine is slightly more vocal with a WAI. And for power, I don't think it dose much.