Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 01-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #21
dschroed
GX Member

dschroed is on a distinguished road
Yeah I was blown away when I went to look at her. I couldn't believe she was so straight for the price, plus running and driving. And we don't have to deal with rust too bad on the west coast.

I plan on clearing the corners, and painting the bezel hopefully this weekend. Any ideas on how to keep the bumper from "bubbling up" under the lights? My last alero did the same thing, and I'm hoping to fix it. I think it's a common issue.
dschroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #22
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Only thing i can think of for the bumper is if you can plastic weld a thicker piece on the bottom side to hold it in place.... might have to trim a bit of the foam guard to hold the thicker piece of plastic in place from pushing up onto the headlight....

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #23
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know why they do that. Mine was fine for the longest time, then a couple weeks before I got the cruze a bulb went out and I played hell getting the light out it had bulged up so bad. I just had them out to redo the lenses in early august and they were easy to take off and put back on.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:26 PM   #24
1970cs
GX Member

1970cs is on a distinguished road
Yep common! I believe the passenger side seems to be the worst. Mine has a little pucker but not to bad. Under carport and covered 98% of the time.

Pat
1970cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #25
dschroed
GX Member

dschroed is on a distinguished road
I haven't even looked under the bumper cover. I was thinking maybe some sort of drilling and decent looking clips or something, but if it's foam underneath... Im not sure how I'll make something work effectively. Trial and error I suppose. I'll keep you guys posted on what I come up with.
dschroed is offline   Reply With Quote