Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 02-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Bought the XM radio MyFi by Delphi with a substantial mail in rebate, and ONLY because of the rebate made the price tolerable.

Mail in rebate requires that you cut out and send in the ORIGINAL UPC bar code along with a copy of your receipt. No facimiles accepted.

Somehow they managed to lose it or not receive it, and are telling us that we need to send them the receipt and Original UPC again.

Ok, I've seen people have blonde moments before, but if I already sent in the ORIGINAL upc, how the F*** can you send it in AGAIN?

Anyone else get screwed on mail in rebates?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
They're not necessarily screwing you... could possibly not have got it. Call them back, MAKE them check the mail room and lost-and-found pile if they have one. Then call the place where you bought the radio and make them print you a new receipt or 2. Send it in to the rebate peeps along with a polite, yet clearly unpleased letter about what happened. Give them the serial # on the product too, for good measure and proof that you do actually have one and se if you don't get your rebate.

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
One of my friends bought XM Satelite Radio about 2 months ago and they tried to do the same thing to him but he talked to one of the higher-ups there and they told him to just send in the reciept along with the serial number off of the unit, although he still has not got his rebate back yet.

This has kept me from getting XM because i hear about many people getting screwed over on their rebate, and like you siad these units are not cheap!!!

Hope this helps and Good Luck !!!

Also, if you don't like the answer that the people you talk to give you; then ask to speak with their supervisor usually this will get you somewhere with them.

JUST DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER !!!!
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Real easy way to solve these problems is to make a copy of everything and when you mail it off send it certified mail with a tracking number. It costs like $3 and if they claim they didn't get it you can provide the tracking number proving they got it.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
freeze12
GL Member

freeze12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a MyFi and a couple days ago I received a package in the mail from Delphi & it was a new battery for My MyFi. From the letter that came with the new battery it said to dispose of the new battery because of incidents with the original battery. Needless to say, I was surprised to get the battery!!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:52 AM   #6
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, I like that part, and I got one too, but damn.....think they could make good on the rebate though.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote