Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 04-06-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
ShortysTRM

Cost/Shipping: $170, picked it up myself

Initial Product impressions: Beautiful powdercoating, nice packaging, and much larger than I had anticipated.

Instructions: Some of the steps seemed like they should've been done BEFORE the intake had been put into place.

Installation Notes: Pretty easy, but it would've been easier if I had a 10mm socket ready ahead of time and the steps were in better order.

Performance, Appearance opinions: Looks great, but touches the fuse box for some reason. No harm though, it's worth it. It sounds great, too. There isn't any noticable difference at regular acceleration, but it's loud when you give it some extra throttle. As for performance gains, there is a dyno chart on AEM's website (aempower.com I think) for the Cavalier.

Other thoughts: They have you wait til the last thing to replace the black hose and the IAT sensor, which are both PITA's. It also came with a liscense plate frame and a couple of vinyl AEM stickers. Once you take your stock air ducting out, you will be amazed at how oddly designed and restrictive it is.

Here is the link to a before and after video I made...Alero 2.4 Intake

Oh yeah, the intake is for a 2000-2002 Cavalier Z24 2.4 and it's AEM part # is 22-445.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:03 PM   #2
`2000redalero

thanks man, I was thinking of getting one of these and your opinion really helped
Old 06-11-2004, 01:21 PM   #3
ShortysTRM

for an updated/revised/higher-quality version of that video, with new footage of course, just right click and save as. AEM Intake ~28 megs
Old 08-30-2004, 11:25 PM   #4
dirty_olds

I would definitely get one, it's well worth it. Too bad I already own one and I love it!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:04 AM   #5
n8tureboy

I had one put on this summer. It's certanly sounds pretty cool. I have seen some gains in top end speeds...not so much in lowend though. Anyone got any ideas on how to inprove bottom end in a 2.4l

N8
Old 08-31-2004, 07:06 AM   #6
n8tureboy

Figured a Pic might be revelent to this thread.

My AEM Intake
Old 08-31-2004, 09:00 AM   #7
DCAleroGL

Quote:
Originally posted by n8tureboy@Aug 31 2004, 06:04 AM
I had one put on this summer. It's certanly sounds pretty cool. I have seen some gains in top end speeds...not so much in lowend though. Anyone got any ideas on how to inprove bottom end in a 2.4l

N8
yeah, put a v6 in it!
j/k
at least your 4 will beat mine in the long run