Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Ya found another (or the same) oil leak, it's coming out of my oil feed gasket, gotta tighten that down.

Blew off another coupler while tuning too.

Stupid thing runs 192-215ish depending on what's going on. Meh. Not important.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #22
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
effing ridiculous. I cable tied the coolant hoses that are near/on the downpipe away from it, and wrapped them in heat shield material. And the coolant temps still end up getting up there (201-210 with all fans and heater on max).

And when I went WOT on the highway and let off, the temps go back down to 190-192, and then creep back up as I cruise. It's so retarded.

I mean I fixed my coolant/air leak, I wrapped the coolant lines around the turbo, and it still likes to run hotter than it should.

Did you get a cooler running Stat?? also are you using the dex-coolant?

if you using the dex coolant dont it will clog up the system. also wrap the exhaust pipe that will help to keep the engine bay cooler...
and installing a 3rd fan on the front of the rad will help alot...

if you need more help Pm me ..
A57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
No, I have a stock thermostat. A "cooler" thermostat merely opens the coolant flow from the radiator earlier (at a lower coolant temperature), making it take far longer to reach normal operating temperature. Having the thermostat open earlier isn't going to cool down my temperatures.

Yes I use Dex-Cool, no it won't clog up the system. That's why it's been running perfectly fine for the past 9 years on it, and everything I've disassembled looks clean.

The downpipe has some wrap on it, and I'm getting a turbo blanket soon. Fans cool things down minimally. I should do a CO2 sprayer for my radiator, ha. Spray it whenever the temps get high.

EDIT: ANSWER
In case anyone was wondering, replacing the thermostat solved the problem. It coincidentally failed during the turbo install.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #24
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
well isnt that what you want to run cooler when driving on city streets...

IMO i dont like dex coolant due to how it clogs and breaks Down gaskets...

i like to use prestone all makes ...

also you might want to use royal purple it will helps to protect and cool alot .

agree a CO2 system will give the induction a denser charge and more HP...

good luck.
A57 is offline   Reply With Quote