Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-08-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
|Rev|

K as you guys know, right now I am all show, and no go, but I want to have go. But I've realized something, I'm a 17 year old senior going to Wyotech next year, and I won't have all the money in the world. My point is that I want iether an extreme show car, or an extreme fast car, and I don't have the money to make it an extreme fast car, nor show car, but I have to choose a route. What do you guys think I should do, show or go? BTW I have the 2.4l i-4, that's why i can't make it fast easily (as far as I know)
Old 08-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
IndyAlero

if ur goal is turbo....then i would say ALL GO....
Old 08-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #3
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
hhmm it depends, i dont think that you are going to be race'n around the streets all the time, so I would go with mostly show. Make it look and feel real good to drive........some stuff is both so that'll be good for ya like exhaust
Old 08-08-2004, 11:50 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
at least your smart enough to know you can afford both.

a 2.4 is cheaper and easier to build for go.

But trying to get go after you added a bunch of weight for show is just dumb.

For you i would say doing show would be better til after school.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:11 AM   #5
|Rev|

well if it is cheaper for go, than ima go with GO! But I have another problem, I am going to do my first drags Sept 19th, what few mods should I do between now and then do give me the most go?
Old 08-09-2004, 12:32 AM   #6
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm, considering its an alero, i'd go all show... there really is no go in the 'ho
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:46 AM   #7
Travis99Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Aug 9 2004, 12:32 AM
hmmm, considering its an alero, i'd go all show... there really is no go in the 'ho
i agree...it'll take a ton of money to make an alero decently fast.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:47 PM   #8
flalero

I would go with go. With just basic bolts ons that I have, I can pretty much wipe the street clean when it comes to other sport compacts (I didn't say all sport compacts, so don't knock on me). I was talking to guy last night at the gas station. I had never met him before or even seen him. Somehow, he knew about my car and its reputation around town. Apparently, my car is know as the Alero not to screw with. So I say go!! Make yourself a name around town.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:39 PM   #9
|Rev|

well I am gonna go with go, just because. I'm not one to give up easily if something is gonna be tough, like making an alero fast, so I am gonna take the harder task, besides, its fun laughing at people when they get beat by a 4 cyl oldsmobile
Old 08-10-2004, 07:33 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
The 2.4 is easier to work than the 3.4. You can buy a lot of Cavalier speed parts for that motor, and the cost is a bit lower.

Intake, exhaust put together will be less than $1000

You can check out RKSport for some stuff. Their new site is a bit difficult to get around in though

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:19 PM   #11
flalero

Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Aug 10 2004, 04:39 PM
well I am gonna go with go, just because. I'm not one to give up easily if something is gonna be tough, like making an alero fast, so I am gonna take the harder task, besides, its fun laughing at people when they get beat by a 4 cyl oldsmobile
It's funny enough to smoke somebody with "Gandma's Oldsmobile," but it's even more funny to see somebody get smoked by a four cylinder Oldsmobile.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:44 PM   #12
Oldsmopimp

lol, yea, Alero's arent the fastest. The 3.4L is nice and peepy tho...it duz me good, but I'm heading the more show route. Once i put the 18'z on, my car's performance went back to stock, if not slower...lol.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:14 AM   #13
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by flalero+Aug 10 2004, 07:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (flalero @ Aug 10 2004, 07:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-|Rev|@Aug 10 2004, 04:39 PM
It's funny enough to smoke somebody with "Gandma's Oldsmobile," but it's even more funny to see somebody get smoked by a four cylinder Oldsmobile. [/b][/quote]
Amen

never count the 4 banger Olds out
Old 08-11-2004, 12:41 AM   #14
BDizzle

I'd go with all show. Cuz its a funny feeling to be sittin at a light and have some fast car pull up reving his engine and when the light turns green....just let him go. lol...but fo real though...if you've already invested most in show, then why stop now? All show for you!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:19 AM   #15
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
iam sorry but it looks like you have the ecotec, has anyone else noticed that
that`s not the quad four it`s the cam cover for the ecotec
i would go with both,make it look nice and fast and perform good to too
just how deep is your wallet?? that`s what you have to ask your self
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:20 AM   #16
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
oh it does look like the quad four
i can`t tell lol
Old 08-11-2004, 01:26 PM   #17
Oldsman
Owner

^^^^ya nipplehead...............lol

it's the old age thing getting to ya.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:36 PM   #18
bdyman
GLS member

<<nipple head dumb polak
sorry the more i look the more i see it`s the quad four
Old 08-11-2004, 04:51 PM   #19
|Rev|

I gaurantee I have the quad 4, and not the ecotec. Well right now it looks alright, but its slow, so I am goin with what bdyman said, make it look good, and go fast, so I'm more or less, half way to make it a fast car that looks good.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:53 PM   #20
bdyman
GLS member

^^^exactly
a fast car that looks good