Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 04-27-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
bigd6983

Thread Title: Alpine SPS-690A Type-S 6x9" 3-Way Coaxial Speakers

Store/Site purchased: Best buy
Cost/Shipping: 124.99 + tax, no shipping
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: very helpful when i asked questions

Initial product impressions, quality: speakers looked good, so much better than the stock ones
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: ahhh positive and negative, not brain surgery......
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: getting all the interior trim out was a minor pain but the speakers went in perfectly with no modifications whatsoever....
If not self installed, cost of installation:..............

Performance, appearance opinions:speakers sound great, i can definately notice a difference in clarity and rear fill, they almost stand out more than the stock fronts that i have in currently......speakers look awesome as well
Any other thoughts about the product:everything went in very smoothly, speakers sound great, i would recommend these definately especially since they require no modification during install

Old 04-28-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
AleroDante

Hey thanks for the review. I was looking at those same speakers. Sounds like they're worth the buy.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
bigd6983

yea id recommend them, i have the stocks up front right now and the over power them lol i hear the rear more than the front, its funny......but yea for a direct replacement, and there pretty cheap on ebay.........really good deal i think
Old 04-28-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
ryanthefizz
GL Member

ryanthefizz is an unknown quantity at this point
do you have stock cd player or did u replace that befor u started into speakers?
ryanthefizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:08 AM   #5
bigd6983

it was replaced before hand, plus i have an alpine vforce 45x4 rms powering them.......
Old 05-03-2005, 02:35 AM   #6
msualero

yeah they are awesome i have em in my car with an orion 4004 amp running to them and i also have an alpine headunit...mine is the IVA-301