Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-15-2004, 12:06 AM   #1
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
Ok so i am gunna get the slp exhaust from pfyc.com (ordering it this thursday :thumbsup: ) ...........How much performance increase does it give?

I also want a cai but i dont just want the filter and boot. I want everything that i can get with it, a whole kit sort of thing. So what is the best one that i can get for performance that is out there??

and i want to get new wires for the engine, but the only problem is that i know VERY LITTLE about that sort of stuff so any help with that is greatly appreciated.

I have other things that i needed help with but i cant remember at this point....so i will update this thread prolly in a week when i get my exhaust (or if i remember what else i needed help with)
Old 11-15-2004, 02:24 PM   #2
bnight04
GLS member

heh well ok then
Old 11-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
CAI really don't vary that much in performance, just get one from naich.....
Old 11-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
1WhiteOSV

I literally knocked a full second off my 1/4 w/ the SLP (and thats comparing it to my flowmaster 80series setup i had)....my friend has a 01 GAGT and he used to whomp all over me... like 3-4 carlengths, but the night I put my SLP on, we went out and raced and i was ahead all the way to about 60mph or so and he just inched passed my at the end
Old 11-15-2004, 04:06 PM   #5
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Nov 15 2004, 02:22 PM
I literally knocked a full second off my 1/4 w/ the SLP (and thats comparing it to my flowmaster 80series setup i had)....my friend has a 01 GAGT and he used to whomp all over me... like 3-4 carlengths, but the night I put my SLP on, we went out and raced and i was ahead all the way to about 60mph or so and he just inched passed my at the end
<_< i really doubt you knocked a second off your 1/4.....
Old 11-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
bnight04
GLS member

^^ yeah i dont think that could happen with just slp
Old 11-15-2004, 08:17 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by bnight04@Nov 15 2004, 07:00 PM
it won't he is full of
Old 11-15-2004, 08:35 PM   #8
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 99Alero_Boy@Nov 15 2004, 03:03 PM
CAI really don't vary that much in performance, just get one from naich.....
Exactly what I 1st thought. I got my CAI from Naich, and it's 1st rate. Great quality, and WAY friggin cheaper than the rest, by far.

I've yet to swap my plug wires, but you really can't go wrong with the names you trust: MSD, Taylor, etc. MY advice with that is to spend the extra cash and get 8mm wires. Less resistance can't hurt. You probably won't see any performance gain, but I tend to believe that ( along with a higher output ignition module, coils, and plugs ) new wires can and will help with power and gas mileage.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:49 PM   #9
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by 99Alero_Boy+Nov 15 2004, 09:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (99Alero_Boy @ Nov 15 2004, 09:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bnight04@Nov 15 2004, 07:00 PM
it won't he is full of [/b][/quote]
maybe he ment 1/8 mile?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:33 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero-+Nov 15 2004, 09:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (-Alero- @ Nov 15 2004, 09:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by 99Alero_Boy@Nov 15 2004, 09:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-bnight04
Quote:
@Nov 15 2004, 07:00 PM

it won't he is full of
maybe he ment 1/8 mile? [/b][/quote]
i'm just gonna wait for him to post....
Old 11-15-2004, 11:39 PM   #11
bnight04
GLS member