Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-12-2004, 12:52 PM   #21
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Formula Nerd does know his stuff so i guess the weapon r on ebay for 120 i should be getting
Old 11-12-2004, 12:55 PM   #22
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Most Stainless steel mufflers are made of T-304 stainless steel, I guess it can also be used for just pipes. And currently taking the muffler of your alero and keeping it of is illegal the only reason why the SRT-4 doesnt have one s becuase that is the way it was made stock so it doesnt require to have a muffler,
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:56 PM   #23
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Quote:
Formula Nerd does know his stuff so i guess the weapon r on ebay for 120 i should be getting
Hey what about me I know stuff :huh?:
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:58 PM   #24
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

yeah i guess that is true about the srt 4s. i already have the 80 series muffler, now i just need the 2.5 inch piping for my cat back exhaust system and now i should be getting the weapon r intake off ebay for 120.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:59 PM   #25
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

yeah vtolds you do know your stuff as well, which i'm glad because you guys are a great help to me and everyone else on here. thanks
Old 11-12-2004, 01:59 PM   #26
jwth2005

Hey Guys whats up?? i am New here and am really excited about the alero. I just bought a Dark Green 2000 Alero GLS.... And i must say i love it. I have been lurking around these forums for about a week now and i still am unsure of Which intake to purchase.... Not of which brand but of which type.... WAI or CAI... I love the way the CAI comes down behind the foglights as sort of a ram air thing.... But the horror stories of water in the engine kinda stirs me away.... I live in Hot Springs arkansas.... Usually it doesnt rain but when it does it rains for a good while....I was actually thinking about a CAI that can be changed into a WAI setup quickly and easily... Anymore information would be GREAT!!!! And i will definately be looking into flowmasters.....Again thanks....

Jeremy
Old 11-12-2004, 02:12 PM   #27
bluephoAm

I have one of those intakes that VTOLDS has, but I have a ractive heatshield filter on it which has a 4-inch diameter input on the heatshield and a 3-inch diameter input for the pipe which I used a reducing insert to mate with the pipe. I also have some extra 3-inch pipes laying around so I'm going to do an experiment by having a 4-inch to 3-inch elbow coupler connect the heatshield filter to the pipes which will be routed behind the driverside headlight, but have the pipe intake face somewhat downward to help prevent the water problem.

Basically it is like this.. throttle body->2.5-inch intake piping->reducing insert->3-inch heatshield filter->4-inch to 3-inch elbow reducing coupler->3-inch pipes.

Maybe you can use that concept.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:17 PM   #28
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude! I'm selling my rksport ecotec intake. DONT get the weapon R. I don't care if you buy it from me or not, but get the RK.
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:21 PM   #29
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
hey travis, i'd get the rksport from b-spot. not only is it a good intake made by a good name, b-spot is a reliable guy, and would be easier to buy from him than some jerkoff on ebay... i'm sure brad will work a deal out for you too.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:46 PM   #30
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

why are you selling yours b spot? and how much would you be selling it for?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:17 PM   #31
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
he's gettin rid of his alero for the new cobalt in dec/jan i think, and selling all his alero stuff between now and then.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 11:16 PM   #32
jwth2005

BTW is NAICH's CAI come with a K&N filter????
Old 11-14-2004, 09:03 PM   #33
jwth2005

Hmm man i am really interested.... Cuz i want to be able to switch it to Warm air when our nasty showers hit... and for the price.... 75 isnt too bad for a CAI....
Old 11-15-2004, 06:58 AM   #34
Super White Alero

Well i had to chime in AEM makes a bypass valve for those of you who are too lazy to make your CAI into a WAI. for about 42 bucks you can fit a bypass vavle into your cai and not worry about water going into your motor. But I would highly recommend changing to a WAI in wet weather.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:26 PM   #35
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're still interested in the RK, make an offer. If you offer to trade me a stock airbox I'll give you a big discount too (my stupid dad threw mine out)
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:11 AM   #36
jwth2005

hmmm Can that RK be changed to a WAI????
Old 11-16-2004, 01:22 PM   #37
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:51 PM   #38
jwth2005

AHHHH Thanks........ So how much do u want for that thing???