Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-17-2004, 03:40 AM   #21
flalero

Quote:
Originally posted by Final-Reality@Nov 16 2004, 10:31 AM
Strut tower braces do make a noticeably better driving experience when cornering near the limits of the car. I noticed the car is much more predictable with them installed; the chassis can't flex as much and thus will hold a more consistent line with a given steering input. I can definately throw it into corners with more quickly and with more confidence than what I could before, and that's the only handling modification I've done to the car, no swaybars yet.
Agree 100%. I have front and rear STB's, and the turn in is a little more predictable.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:27 PM   #22
No53Alero

No53Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to No53Alero
what kind of sway bars came on the factory performance suspension package as it handles awesome. Of course my last car was a lowrider which could take bends great but not compared to the Alero!
2004 Alero Final 500 #53
1990 Cutlass Ciera Lowrider
Sold as of 01/25/2004
Oldsmobile 4 Life!
<a href=\'http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/212170\' target=\'_blank\'>My Lowrider's webpage</a>
<a href=\'http://www.cardomain.com/id/no53alero\' target=\'_blank\'>2004 Alero Final 500 #53 site </a>
No53Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 05:25 PM   #23
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
how do i know what came on my car stock? my car handled like ass when i first got it. i must have had the cushy suspension or somthing....is it just the stuts thats the difference? all i know is its a 2001 gls, so far it seems like i have every possible option, pwr mnroof, 16" premium polished rims (the squarish spoked ones) monsoon, leather, spoiler, dont know what else was a option

from what ive heard, do the rear sway bar first BUT get greasable bushings, they have to be modded VERY VERY slightly to fit, but it wont squeak, and there like $13. then do the front STB, then rear STB. id leave the front sway alone,

i have kyb/spring techs. everything else stock, i took it to a empty mall parking lot and tried to take some fast turns, the understeer is HORRIBLE
Old 11-30-2004, 03:53 AM   #24
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
a few guys have said to do rear sway bar and front and rear stb's but to leave out the front sway bar. any special reason for this?
Old 11-30-2004, 11:28 AM   #25
flalero

From what I understand, this will dial in some major oversteer. I kind of like some oversteer, but I would rather have neutral car, so I will probably put a front sway bar in also, when I get there. I also understand it is kind of a PITA to change out the front sway bar.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:26 AM   #26
Final-Reality

A stiffer front antiroll bar will increase understeer. Since it's a FWD car, it already does this enough. Adding a stiffer rear bar will help reduce the understeer. By how much I can't say, I don't have one, but I'd be interested in the adjustable one from Mantapart..
Old 12-01-2004, 09:11 PM   #27
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've read a few threads on this topic over on the GAgt forums. There's alot of autocrossers over there, and the general consencious over there is that( with lowering springs ) a larger Rear Sway with a Front STB is the best set-up for our cars, if you're looking for a basic neutral set-up. Very predictable, and carves much better than stock.

Handling-wise, the rear stb doesn't do much, but it's worth the cash because somehow it reduces road noise.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote