Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-28-2004, 08:43 PM   #1
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Mobs and I decided to tackle doing my brakes today, new (Oldskool) rotors, EBC greenstuff pads, and paint the calipers.

Well, we only got the rears done and my car is now Hondaish on the ass end. Thats right, only 4 lug nuts on each wheel. issed: I ended up snapping 2 lugs off on some stubborn lugnuts. And then we couldn't get the stupid calipers off because the assdouche that did the brakes before me must have used the impact wrench from hell. Eventually got them off and painted, but then we had a hell of a time getting one of the calipers back on.

Yee haw, so much fun, have to go back tommorow to finish it and fix the lugs.

However, the calipers do look nice painted.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:18 PM   #2
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
danm that sucks when i did mine (front only back are fine) only like 30 min for the pad slap and rotor change i used hand tools as well.
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
ANy pics with all your hard work?

That sucks. I always think of it this way, this job will be hard, that way it's easy. Becuase every job I think is easy, turns out to be a bitch :rolleyes:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:30 PM   #4
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Aug 28 2004, 08:25 PM
ANy pics with all your hard work?

That sucks. I always think of it this way, this job will be hard, that way it's easy. Becuase every job I think is easy, turns out to be a bitch :rolleyes:
No kidding. this was a pain in my ass, mobs mostly, he did most of the work. Kinda had too, damn bolts were on way too tight for me to break free. I painted the stuff and topped off the master cylinder, oh, and broke lugs.

I'll have pics tommorow. It looks retarded with the missing lugs.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:45 AM   #5
mobs241

the f***er at firestone will die for impacting the damn caliper bolts on to tight, the stupid slide bolts, i had to use my impact on them for like 5 mins before they even started to move. god i dont know what i would do without air.
Quote:
danm that sucks when i did mine (front only back are fine) only like 30 min for the pad slap and rotor change i used hand tools as well.
fronts dont have ebrake built in to them, rotors come right off the front, there a bish to get on and off a rear, i gave up on replacing the stud, could have done it if it was on the front, but the rear with teh stupid ebrake. couldnt get it in. oh well.
its all in fun. one of these days ill be able to afford upgrading my car, after hearing his cai. i drooled really bad.. i want so much stuff
Old 08-29-2004, 12:50 AM   #6
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mobs241@Aug 28 2004, 10:45 PM
the f***er at firestone will die for impacting the damn caliper bolts on to tight, the stupid slide bolts, i had to use my impact on them for like 5 mins before they even started to move. god i dont know what i would do without air.
[QUOTEdanm that sucks when i did mine (front only back are fine) only like 30 min for the pad slap and rotor change i used hand tools as well.

fronts dont have ebrake built in to them, rotors come right off the front, there a bish to get on and off a rear, i gave up on replacing the stud, could have done it if it was on the front, but the rear with teh stupid ebrake. couldnt get it in. oh well.
its all in fun. one of these days ill be able to afford upgrading my car, after hearing his cai. i drooled really bad.. i want so much stuff
[/quote]
You weren't droolin when I slammed on my brakes and you weren't wearing your seat belt.

You had the "oh poop" look though.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:00 AM   #7
mobs241

Quote:
Originally posted by smokinAMD@Aug 28 2004, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobs241,Aug 28 2004, 10:45 PM
[QUOTEdanm that sucks when i did mine (front only back are fine) only like 30 min for the pad slap and rotor change i used hand tools as well.

You weren't droolin when I slammed on my brakes and you weren't wearing your seat belt.

[/quote]
the last time i saw a dash and a windshield coming at me that fast, i was taken away in ambulance to a tramua center ahoe. we were testdriving your car, and you didnt warn me. and guess what, you wernt either so naaa
Old 08-29-2004, 01:03 AM   #8
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mobs241@Aug 28 2004, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinAMD,Aug 28 2004, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobs241,Aug 28 2004, 10:45 PM

the last time i saw a dash and a windshield coming at me that fast, i was taken away in ambulance to a tramua center ahoe. we were testdriving your car, and you didnt warn me. and guess what, you wernt either so naaa
[/quote]
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Shoulda warned ya, lol.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:28 PM   #9
cwm33

don't think I'll be doing my own rear brakes then...how hard are the fronts to do?
Old 08-29-2004, 03:48 PM   #10
mobs241

if you have the tools a sinch. the rears arent that bad in all reality, but half of my tools seemed to walk off, and my compresser sucks.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #11
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
i changed my front rotors and pads in a snap. then i found out i had put on the pads backwards then it became a bitch
Old 08-29-2004, 07:14 PM   #12
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Heh, once we had a compressor that had some balls to it, it only took like half an hour for the entire car. And that was with someone replacing 2 studs.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:06 AM   #13
mobs241

Quote:
Originally posted by smokinAMD@Aug 29 2004, 06:14 PM
Heh, once we had a compressor that had some balls to it, it only took like half an hour for the entire car. And that was with someone replacing 2 studs.
you saying my compressor isnt good enough for you?
lol i know it sucks, hmm lowering kit or compressor, lowering kit or compressor
decisions decisions.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:18 PM   #14
racin4JC
GL Member

racin4JC is an unknown quantity at this point
Next time heat them up then use underpowered compressor and impact on they will be a lot easier (trust me I know, broke two grade 8 wheel studs off a maintainer with a 1" drive impact, should have used heat first!).
racin4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:31 PM   #15
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Woah thread jesus!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #16
racin4JC
GL Member

racin4JC is an unknown quantity at this point
That's right! I gave my life to him for he is the true aleomodder, designer, and creature of everything!
racin4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:27 PM   #17
bigd6983

im buying some cross drilled rotors for both front and back, i heard the front is pretty basic, but how hard is the back and what are things i hafta look for??
Old 11-20-2004, 11:12 PM   #18
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
they're both easy. make sure your e-brake is off, and if the back rotors are tough, hit them with a rubber mallet.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote