Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-12-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

i know this is a subject we all talk about all the time. but i really need to know which intake is better. the weapon-r or the high flow from rksport? theres a few weapon-r on ebay for 120 and the rksport is 200. i really wanna know because i have some stock i'm about to sell and purchase one. please any info would be helpful
Old 11-12-2004, 12:34 AM   #2
bluephoAm

When it comes down to that, it is mostly a brand name popularity thing.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:08 AM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
aem makes one for the ecotec
induction dynamics makes one both are cold air intakes
rk sport is a warm air intake
don`t even bother wasting your money on the weapon-r stuff why you may ask your self?? not that good of a product and cheaply made in my opinion
i have the rk sport wai on my car and love it good quality well made and it works real well
so stick with rk sport or aem or induction dynamics
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I have a Procarparts intake from ebay for the 2.4 cavalier.
It came just bare metal I painted it. I also chnged the filter on it.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:16 AM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
good idea dude
here is mine
Old 11-12-2004, 08:19 AM   #6
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

I now I see his name is 03EcotecAlero so I guess the pic of my 2.4 intake will help much.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:47 AM   #7
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

i know this is off topic but what do you use to keep your engine so clean bdyman?
thanks for the info guys but i dont wanna mess with cai, i dont wanna have to worry about water or snow coming up getting im my intake and hydrolocking.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:55 AM   #8
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Just keep this in mind. Pretty much all instakes are the same, they may use slightly different size pipe or a different filter but they all do the same thing unless one is a Wai like we have pictured or a Cai they are different. To keep you engine clean you may just wanna pressure wash it carefully or wash it by hand using some kind of cleaning wipes interior wipes really good becuase there is lots of plastic under most hoods, also spray on engine cleaners/degeasers. I hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:14 PM   #9
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Thanks for the info, but if i did get a cai, would the chances of hydrolocking be likely?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Depends do you plan on fully submerging the filter and reving your engine. If you drive though a big puddle of water and it hits it just right the water will fly strait into your engine. If you live in a hot dry not very wet climate go with the Cai if you live in a cold rainy area go with the Wai.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:25 PM   #11
bdyman
GLS member

i use a drgreaser i buy from my detail company i use here in chicago
and i poilsh the cam over and intake tube i clean my engine every time i was h my car
but what your talkin about is water gettin up in the tb and intake manifold=not good
so if ya don`t want that go with the rk sport wai it`s worth the money
and it sucks allot of air
i saw a big difference right away i am also using the 62mm tb from rsm racing helps with the intake too
Old 11-12-2004, 12:27 PM   #12
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

i live in tennessee and a few months ago we didnt have rain for 2 months straight, but then we had rain for 2 weeks straight, i dont really drive in rain unless going to work then thats it, but if possible i would just make my girlfriend drive me. i just want more performance and the loud sucking sound so people can here it.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:28 PM   #13
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Buy a Cai that can be maid into a Wai when you expect it to rain for 2 weeks. I wai sounds like I have a muffler under the hood it is really load I think it may be loader then my actaul muffler.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #14
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Will the wai from rksport give me the loud sucking sound with my exhaust that i want for people to here?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #15
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
you wont notice much difference in the CAI and WAI, i've had them both and can confirm that.... the only difference was my gas mileage, it went up a little with WAI.

i've heard pretty good things about the induction dynamics setup. and AEM always gets rave reviews... i guess it all depends on how much you want to spend, cause there are only small and insignificant differences between them all...

you workin tonight man?
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:33 PM   #16
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

no i aint working tonight but i'm going christmas shopping with my g/f. were going to nashville
Old 11-12-2004, 12:36 PM   #17
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

this is all i have to say, so you guys can reply on this note. all i want is an intake that can give me more hp and a good sound so i can here it and for a good price. the rksport i am more leaning towards, its only 200. but the weapon-r one on ebay is only 120 and i would just buy a k&n filter for it.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:43 PM   #18
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Go with the one that siuts you best. I dont think it will matter which one you get or of you put a K&N filter on it. There is really no noticable performance from it but Iam sure they both will do the job.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:48 PM   #19
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Thanks for the info. Like I mentioned in another topic about the T-304 stainless steel. Does anyone know if muffler have this type of piping and how would it sound on my car? And how about that piping mufflerless like the srt 4s?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:50 PM   #20
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Nov 12 2004, 01:30 PM
you wont notice much difference in the CAI and WAI, i've had them both and can confirm that.... the only difference was my gas mileage, it went up a little with WAI.

i've heard pretty good things about the induction dynamics setup. and AEM always gets rave reviews... i guess it all depends on how much you want to spend, cause there are only small and insignificant differences between them all...
yeah a WAI is deffinatly a good thing to have for every day driving, and formula nerd knows his poop