Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
DrCaputo421

Ok I am planning on getting some rims. I want to get 19x8 in the back and 18x7.5 in the front. I would also like to lower it as much as possible without it rubbing. What do you guys think? Also how much should I lower it if I get 18" on the front?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
I have 18's and I put on intrax springs and I really like how low it is. You can always put on air bags "Talk to forbidden he has best prices on air" or im not sure if ebach springs would rub.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
littlebandito

I think Intrax is 2" standard. Thats also about as low as you can go without having to do anything else to you suspension. You might want to look into lowering the rear more than the front if you want 19's in the back.

It souns pretty sweet. Cheers mate
Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I think x8 is too wide

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #5
DrCaputo421

Well thanks for your opinions. I was told 19x8 would fit so I am going to try it and if it is to wide I will have to do something about that.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
19x8 will fit but you'll have space the rim out to clear the strut. so then you get the tire close if not even with wheelwell lip and springtech or intrax are not stiff enough to stop it from hitting the tire.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #7
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
the eibachs dont rub at all...only lowers about 1.25"...but its equal all the way around..so the front, like from the factory, is slightly lower in the front, as it is supposed to be. i dont like it when guys get cheapo springs (cough sprint cough) and then have the rear end sagging.

and like oldsman said..you'll need spacers for those 19x8's
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote