2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #22
Grant

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero2k4@Feb 21 2006, 01:56 PM
Personally I got the Napa lifetime rotors and the lifetime Ceramix pads. They would be just fine for anything but maybe the track... and if I ever wear them out, I don't have to pay for new ones!

That's a great idea! Even if they warp...take them back and get new! I'll have to look into the "exclusions" on this.

Do you remember what you paid for them?
Old 02-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #23
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
would the semi-metallic pads work better on the brembo rotors other than the ceramic pads?
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #24
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe@Feb 22 2006, 09:03 AM

I ordered R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors last friday morning. How long did it take for you to get yours?

uhhhh 2 weeks i believe. I can't remember cuz I had them since november 2004.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #25
Coupe

Damn i dont wanna waite that long!
At least my car is in storage.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #26
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Grant+Feb 22 2006, 08:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grant @ Feb 22 2006, 08:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Personally I got the Napa lifetime rotors and the lifetime Ceramix pads.Â;-) They would be just fine for anything but maybe the track...Â;-) and if I ever wear them out, I don't have to pay for new ones!

That's a great idea! Even if they warp...take them back and get new! I'll have to look into the "exclusions" on this.

[/b]

Well...I think they retail for about 100-120, but I got them for like 65 a piece. My dad is a mechanic so I get parts at cost...

<!--QuoteBegin-battistoni21
@Feb 22 2006, 09:47 AM
would the semi-metallic pads work better on the brembo rotors other than the ceramic pads?
[/quote]
Get ceramic. Our cars come OEM with ceramics, why would you go lower quality than OEM????
Old 02-24-2006, 07:01 AM   #27
Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero2k4+Feb 24 2006, 01:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alero2k4 @ Feb 24 2006, 01:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Grant@Feb 22 2006, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Personally I got the Napa lifetime rotors and the lifetime Ceramix pads.Â;-) They would be just fine for anything but maybe the track...Â;-) and if I ever wear them out, I don't have to pay for new ones!

Well...I think they retail for about 100-120, but I got them for like 65 a piece. My dad is a mechanic so I get parts at cost...

<!--QuoteBegin-battistoni21
@Feb 22 2006, 09:47 AM
Get ceramic. Our cars come OEM with ceramics, why would you go lower quality than OEM????
[/b][/quote]

They dont come OEM ceramic. The OEM pads and rotors are the worste brakes that you can have on a brand new car. You think OEM is quality
Old 02-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #28
Alero2k4
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe@Feb 24 2006, 05:01 AM
They dont come OEM ceramic. The OEM pads and rotors are the worste brakes that you can have on a brand new car. You think OEM is quality

Well it calls for a ceramic as OEM replacement in the book. Until you know what your talking about shut up! I have never said GM parts were of a good quality. Learn to read, it was a comparison. As in I said they are a LOWER quality than GM pads. Just the word quality doesn't mean good, learn english before you knock on people. I have even said that GM parts were garbage, I will never replace a GM part on my car with OEM because I feel GM parts suck, so yeah...shut up.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #29
Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero2k4+Feb 24 2006, 06:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alero2k4 @ Feb 24 2006, 06:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Coupe@Feb 24 2006, 05:01 AM
They dont come OEM ceramic. The OEM pads and rotors are the worste brakes that you can have on a brand new car. You think OEM is qualityÂ;-)

Well it calls for a ceramic as OEM replacement in the book. Until you know what your talking about shut up! I have never said GM parts were of a good quality. Learn to read, it was a comparison. As in I said they are a LOWER quality than GM pads. Just the word quality doesn't mean good, learn english before you knock on people. I have even said that GM parts were garbage, I will never replace a GM part on my car with OEM because I feel GM parts suck, so yeah...shut up.
[/b][/quote]

aawwwww did i hurt your feelings little guy?
I dont know what manual your readig but they dont come in ceramic from the factory. What "book" are you getting that from?
Old 02-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #30
Alero2k4
GL Member

I really couldn't care less. I was simply pointing out, you need to read more carefully if you are going to talk crap on what people say...

Edit: And I will double check to make sure on specs for the pads...
Better yet, if it didn't come with ceramic pads on the 04, what did it come with then???
Old 02-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #31
Alero2k4
GL Member

K, well I just heard back from SSBC and they say it came with semi metallic, but when I looked it up from NAPA it said ceramic is OEM quality replacement. So I stand corrected on what it came with... and in any case, why would you put the semi metallics on any ways???
Old 02-25-2006, 11:00 AM   #32
Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero2k4@Feb 24 2006, 09:51 PM
K, well I just heard back from SSBC and they say it came with semi metallic, but when I looked it up from NAPA it said ceramic is OEM quality replacement. So I stand corrected on what it came with... and in any case, why would you put the semi metallics on any ways???

Semi metalic has better stoping power than ceramics. When you go to ceramics you lose 15% stopping power. I cant really explain it in a techinal way. BUT if you look on gagt.com there are alot of write ups on why this is.