Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 02-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
I want some slotted Brembo rotors but I don't know where to get them online. Anyone know of a good site?
Old 02-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
only way your going to be able to do that is if you get a brembo kit in which case you are looking at $1400+
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
PrImEtImE
GL Member

PrImEtImE is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude I got some nice Brembo rotors off of ebay drilled and slotted. Just the four rotors though, and than I bought some new semi-metallic pads. Look awesome. They still have them on ebay right now for 195.00 plus like 35.00 for shipping.
PrImEtImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
those are just Brembo OEM replacement blanks that another company drills and sells. Not a good idea. You're basically buying brakes that some uncertified dude drilled holes in and then sells for the price of genuine Brembos. I meant the sport OEM sized Brembos that are like $250 a pair. The $1400 thing is some Baer kit not Brembo.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
derek_ski99
GL Member

to my knowledge brembo doesnt make any cross drilled or slotted rotors for the olds alero. and their brake kits run $2500 all the way up to $3200. Why dont you just get some EBC's or Powerslots?
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
no he is refering to the normal rotors, no holes or slots, sorry dude, im not sure where to find em. try pfyc
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
derek_ski99
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmike@Feb 28 2006, 10:41 PM
I want some slotted Brembo rotors but I don't know where to get them online. Anyone know of a good site?

slotted brembo rotors

the OEM replacements you can get at tirerack for like 200 bucks. he wants the slotted brembos which like i said, to my knowledge, they do not offer for the alero. an alternative is EBC and Powerslot. Quite frankly, unless you are doing some autocross event you wont notice a huge difference and they dont say brembo on them anywhere so its not like you can show off your brembo brakes..they just look like any other pair of slotted rotors.

for the money you cant really beat powerslots

Old 03-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #8
Coupe

Brembo does make cross drilled and slotted rotors for OEM replacement. I and many others think its a waiste of money, they are way over priced and the same with powerslots.
Just so you know just becuase they arent listed for the alero is not a big deal. Why? Because they are the same rotors that are on the GA. So if they only have rotors for the GA and not the alero just buy the ones for the GA.
I HEAVILY recomend R1 concepts cross drilled and slotted rotors. You can get them on ebay for under $200 for all 4. I love mine and they look tits. Alot of people on gagt.com have them, do a search there and read through all the threads, you will not find one person who has had any trouble with them.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe@Mar 2 2006, 12:40 PM
Brembo does make cross drilled and slotted rotors for OEM replacement. I and many others think its a waiste of money, they are way over priced and the same with powerslots.
Just so you know just becuase they arent listed for the alero is not a big deal. Why? Because they are the same rotors that are on the GA. So if they only have rotors for the GA and not the alero just buy the ones for the GA.
I HEAVILY recomend R1 concepts cross drilled and slotted rotors. You can get them on ebay for under $200 for all 4. I love mine and they look tits. Alot of people on gagt.com have them, do a search there and read through all the threads, you will not find one person who has had any trouble with them.
Brembo does not make a rotor, other than standard vented, that will fit on the N-bods, based on the catalog.

If you've been on this site more than two days you will know what I would recommend.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #10
Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie+Mar 2 2006, 07:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fast Eddie @ Mar 2 2006, 07:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Coupe@Mar 2 2006, 12:40 PM
Brembo does not make a rotor, other than standard vented, that will fit on the N-bods, based on the catalog.

If you've been on this site more than two days you will know what I would recommend.
[/b][/quote]

You mean they dont make these rotors? BOOYA!
http://www.brakeworld.com/catalog.as...=items&catid=1

I became a member 1 month after you, so its been a little longer than 2 days.
What do you recomend then?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #11
derek_ski99
GL Member

he asked for slotted...not drilled and slotted. and brembo doesnt make just slotted rotors for the N -bod.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #12
Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by derek_ski99@Mar 2 2006, 07:56 PM
he asked for slotted...not drilled and slotted. and brembo doesnt make just slotted rotors for the N -bod.

Fast eddie said brembo dosent make anything other than standard vented for nbods, he was wrong.
They do make just vented and they also make just drilled for nbods.
I will have to look around for sites that sell them.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #13
derek_ski99
GL Member

oops excuse me...i found some Brembo slotted rotors for the alero. my fault

$412 total for front and rears

Brembo Slotted Rotors @ Autoanything.com

Old 03-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #14
Coupe

Im not even gonna say it........nah im gonna....I TOLD YOU SO!

My r1's will last just as long, look just as good (look the same actually) and for 1/2 the price.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #15
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
isn't the difference between different brands' standard rotors minimal? I mean, pads make all the difference with standard rotors...right?
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #16
Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat@Mar 2 2006, 09:50 PM
isn't the difference between different brands' standard rotors minimal? I mean, pads make all the difference with standard rotors...right?

Yes you are correct. The only difference is being able to say i have X brand rotor. My R1's look and perform the same as the brembo's or powerslots. Dont waiste your money on the big name brands unless your doing a total and complete big brake upgrade.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #17
derek_ski99
GL Member

our cars burn through them like crazy anyway

my brembo oem's were the only rotors i had that lasted more than 8 months

Old 03-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #18
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Coupe got any pics? Im running rsm rotors with upgraded pads but have I've been thinking about the baer kit.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #19
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe+Mar 2 2006, 02:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Coupe @ Mar 2 2006, 02:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by derek_ski99@Mar 2 2006, 07:56 PM

Fast eddie said brembo dosent make anything other than standard vented for nbods, he was wrong.
They do make just vented and they also make just drilled for nbods.
I will have to look around for sites that sell them.
[/b]

No what I said was accoring to their catalog they do not make anything other than standard vented. Now there may be some other models that have the same bolt pattern (its very common) and hat height that will work but nothing in the 2k5 catalog.

Quote:
Originally posted by derek_ski99@Mar 2 2006, 02:08 PM
oops excuse me...i found some Brembo slotted rotors for the alero. my fault

$412 total for front and rears

Brembo Slotted Rotors @ Autoanything.com
all that says for 01 alero of GA is "undefined"

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat@Mar 2 2006, 03:50 PM
Pads makes all the difference regardless of the rotor.

<!--QuoteBegin-derek_ski99
@Mar 2 2006, 06:02 PM
our cars burn through them like crazy anyway

my brembo oem's were the only rotors i had that lasted more than 8 months
[/quote]
Then you are doing something wrong. In over five years I'm only on my second set of rotors. And pads and the rotors are just vented.

As for what I would recommend I guess you missed one of the write ups I did on how unneeded and probably worse performing most slotted and cross drilled rotors are. I only have AE and brembo rotors on my cars and they are all just vented, never a problem.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:08 AM   #20
derek_ski99
GL Member

im saying before i got my brembos all my rotors were warping quickly..stupid gm replacement crap