Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
LiquidXtassy

This is the deal... When i press the break the break lights dont turn on except for the little one in the middle of the car which is the third break light...When its dark the lights turn on but when i break they do not get brighter like break lights should doo... Please help me out... Can you guys tell me whats wrong if any one has an opinion or the same experience tell me wats wrong
Old 05-12-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
fusion
GX Member

fusion is an unknown quantity at this point
you might have burnt out bulbs...

they have a dual filament.. one for nite, one for brake..

buy a replacement bulb and you'll see wut i mean
fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #3
LiquidXtassy

im going to try that but before i try that are u tring to say that all the bulbs burned out...because its not only one side that does not go on its all the bulbs that dont go on besides the third break light which is the one in the middle of the trunk????
Old 05-13-2005, 04:30 AM   #4
fusion
GX Member

fusion is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd give that a try first. I'm guessing just your two brake light bulbs (left and right rear) need to be replaced. Buy one and try it out. The center brake light is different, because it's just a simple on/off state. The outer brake lights turn on when night driving lights are on, but also light up again when the brakes are applied... which is why it's bright.
fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
the 3rd brake light (center) is tied into the bright filament of the outer tails. the inner tailights has never light up brighter, but there just the parking lights (whenever the parking light is on, they are on and serve no other purpose)

so replace both outer tailights (3157) and it should be back to normal. it is burnt out.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:41 AM   #6
LiquidXtassy

lol im full of question could it possibly be the realay wires underneath the dash board?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
nah.. if your relay was out.. then the 3rd brake light wouldn't work either.. all of them wouldn't work. but right now you said that one works but the outer lense don't work. so its either the bulbs or maybe the bulb socket holder.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quick fix.

Take the bulbs out of the trunk mounted tail lights and swap them with the outter taillights. The center one don't light up when the brake are hit.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #9
LiquidXtassy

i said that none of the break lights work exept for the the third break light which is the middle one on the trunk... meaning that four bulbs dont turn on... that is what i am so confused about... all four bulbs burned out????
Old 05-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #10
bigd6983

dude just go buy a set of bulbs and swap them out and see if it gets fixed......if not then come back to us
Old 07-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #11
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
I've noticed on most the aleros i see only the outer two break lights light up.. but all for lights are dual lights .. so like they said take the two out of the trunk lid and put them in ur outer tail lights thay may fix the problem .. if not check ur wireing on the driver fuse box ann the light blue wires at the top are your breaking wires just see that they are all up there or check the fuse on both sides but fist just change the inner break bulbs with your outer ones.. that should fix it for now
Old 01-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
kickroqs
GX Member

kickroqs is on a distinguished road
Similar problem. All my tail lights work except the drivers side doesn't get brighter when I hit the brakes. Swapped the bulb and a new fuse. Nothing. Could it be a short? P.s. Got a fix it ticket for it.. Thank you L.A.P.D.
kickroqs is offline   Reply With Quote