Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
XionSolaris
GX Member

XionSolaris is on a distinguished road
Might sound lame but pls read.

Hey. Ok. I own an Alero, kinda. It's my moms and I'm buying it from her soon. Ive got a feeling she wont allow me to add a Deck/amp/sub to the car. Could u guys give me some reasons to give her to make her change her mind. Please, if you haven't already, please check my other post involving the installation of the stuff. i got a question on it. Thanks
XionSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
ares89
GL Member

ares89 is on a distinguished road
Just buy the stuff and put it in. If you bought it from her its yours.

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping
ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
its better sound. thats the only reason there is.

it costs more money, takes up more room, and requires more power. Also attracts people to your car (espicially thieves)

but ares is right. if you bought it, its yours.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Quote:
Originally Posted by XionSolaris View Post
It's my moms and I'm buying it from her soon.

hes hasnt bought it yet
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
ares89
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heineck View Post
hes hasnt bought it yet

save up your money and buy something nice then.

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares89 View Post
save up your money and buy something nice then.

so, buy the Alero right?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:18 AM   #7
MattismodderX
GLS member

MattismodderX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MattismodderX
angel on the shoulder: listen to your mom

the fun side of your shoulder: you can replace the speakers. they're hidden by grills. and you could tell her your stock cd player broke and you need your tunes.

or there are factory line converters. not sure if theres an alero specific one or not but i wouldnt doubt it
Old 06-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
ares89
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
so, buy the Alero right?

I said something nice :P

Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #9
trumpetplayer91372
GX Member

trumpetplayer91372 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to trumpetplayer91372
Tell her your doing things to the car that can be removed and put into any future car as well so its not a specific mod that can only be used on that car... basically showing it isn't a waste of money since you will use the stuff for many years to come...
trumpetplayer91372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
mbeals
GX Member

mbeals is on a distinguished road
You are actually buying it, right? You aren't buying it on parental-credit (aka giving it to you)?

First off, offer to pay for as much of the insurence as you can as well as pay for gas. Work out an arrangment with them...show them you want to take responsibility, and are willing to put buisness ahead of fun. How would you feel if you were spending a bunch of money so that I could have a car and instead of helping you out, I dropped a bunch of money into the car?

Then do the research and plan out what you want to do to the car. "I want to add 10 15" subs for mad BASS" isn't a plan. I'm talking a good, thought out plan, including actual equipment you will need (make a list with prices) and what kind of install will be involved. Do you have a friend who has done this before? Bring him in.

The point is when you tell your parents you want to upgrade the sound system, you can tell them EXACTLY what you are going to do, how much it will cost, how long your car will be in pieces in their garage, etc. And don't talk down to them like they know nothing of car audio....we are smarter then you think, we know when you are bull shitting us to get what you want and we don't appreciate it.

You need to prove to them that you will do a good job with this and it won't turn into a half finished project sitting in the garage, something that keeps breaking and they will have to ultimately pay to fix, or something that's just going to piss off the whole neighborhood.

If you can't convince them to let you do the "grand plan", scale it back and try to find something you can agree on. Then later on, propose a new component. IE start with a new head unit. Ask for door speakers for christmas. Build a box next summer, etc...

But in the end, remember that even if you "own" the car, you are still living in their house and they are paying for more than you can imagine, so if they still say no, respect their decision and don't go behind their back.

Last edited by mbeals : 06-01-2010 at 10:35 AM.
mbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Well if you are that young and new of a driver I dont want you to have a system.

Its just another distraction for a young driver.

Get a system when you are ready- which obviously is not right now.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
MattismodderX
GLS member

MattismodderX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MattismodderX
^^^ looking back on how i drove when i first got my car makes me want to face palm. creepin is way safer/more fun xD

Also id make sure you have enough to properly invest in something you actually want instead of a temporary setup. Will end up saving you a lot of $ in the long run.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #13
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattismodderX View Post
Also id make sure you have enough to properly invest in something you actually want instead of a temporary setup. Will end up saving you a lot of $ in the long run.

This.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #14
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Whats lame is you have to buy a car from your parent. If I paid for a vehicle from my mom, dad....etc I personally wouldn't give a damn what they thought....even if they did pay the insurance. Now with that said I would be disrespectful in any way but I would let him\her\both know that that is how it was going down.

shit almost forgot....Welcome to the Site!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #15
XionSolaris
GX Member

XionSolaris is on a distinguished road
I pretty much already have most of the stuff. I have an amp and 10 inch sub already in a box. All i need is a kit to install it and the deck. As for the buying the car thing, she plans on selling it to me for 3 grand, kinda lame but ill accept it. Oh and thx lonnie heh
XionSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #16
mbeals
GX Member

Well from this thread, I can definately pick out the old farts from the youngsters.

And your parents selling you a car for 3k is not "lame". Its rather nice of them
Old 06-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeals View Post
Well from this thread, I can definately pick out the old farts from the youngsters.

And your parents selling you a car for 3k is not "lame". Its rather nice of them
I'm an old fart and proud of it...hopefully I will get to be an older fart...and screw up traffic...LOL. You must be a youngster...selling a car to your child is wrong in my eyes. I would never sell a vehicle to my child, and I'm not saying I would buy one for them either...now I would help them both get one without hesitation.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
mbeals
GX Member

Read my first reply and see if you can tell how old I am.

I would have no problem selling my kid a car and teaching them the value of a dollar. Not sure if I would charge them 3 grand, but I don't know the situation. Now I would personally hang on to it and end up giving the money back to them, probably when they go to college, but I wouldn't hesitate to dip into it to pay for any repairs if they wreck it.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #19
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
I am old, its true. Almost 31 now.

Call it what you will, but 16 year old drivers with loud bass and cell phones/text messaging scares the hell out of me.

Learn how to drive WELL then worry about a system.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #20
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
I drive like a granny... i have a bunch of stuff in my car i don't want damaged (myself included) and speeding costs money (tickets and such)

...and i'm only 26