Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
hotrodwolf
GX Member

hotrodwolf is on a distinguished road
Quick disconnect woes.

So i've now after two days been spun into the realm of Pi**ed off that i've never before been. Its simple, one of the "quick Disconnect" Fuel lines wont disconnect! I got the smaller of the two to remove, but not the lower/larger line. I work at NAPA. I'm not a moron...i hope. I bought the special service tool JUST for this. It seriously wont go. I've put some penetrating oil ther just in case, but really... What else is there to do? I have a motor completely suspended and detached from the vehicle, held in by this Line! lol. I am at my wits end.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodwolf View Post
So i've now after two days been spun into the realm of Pi**ed off that i've never before been. Its simple, one of the "quick Disconnect" Fuel lines wont disconnect! I got the smaller of the two to remove, but not the lower/larger line. I work at NAPA. I'm not a moron...i hope. I bought the special service tool JUST for this. It seriously wont go. I've put some penetrating oil ther just in case, but really... What else is there to do? I have a motor completely suspended and detached from the vehicle, held in by this Line! lol. I am at my wits end.

Exactly which line and connector is it?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
hotrodwolf
GX Member

It is the lower line closest to the firewall. The two rubber lines come down from the engine to these, then the disconnect, and the two lines go the the pump from there.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodwolf View Post
It is the lower line closest to the firewall. The two rubber lines come down from the engine to these, then the disconnect, and the two lines go the the pump from there.

I believe one is 5/16 and one is 3/8. They can be very stubborn. So you probably already have the appropriate size little plastic ring that slips over the line, and pushes into the fitting, and holds the clips open. You have to apply pressure inwards toward the fitting from both sides at first, then while keeping the "plastic ring" tool fully and tightly engaged, separate the lines while also putting some pressure on the insert ring. Sometimes it helps to slip an open end wrench over the line and pry with that. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
hotrodwolf
GX Member

I'm debating if faulty tooling may be the culprit as well. I opted for the more generic, double sided disconnect wrench, versus the individual plastic disconnects. Its the same concept, but maybe if the tolerance is off, it just isn't pushing the metal barbs out enough to release. Thanks for the advice, i think i'll pick up the plastic set at work tomorrow.
Thanks again!