Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer/think sounds better going both for quality of sound and quantity
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2003, 09:54 AM   #1
swimmarz13

just seein how you all think when it comes to subs
Old 12-08-2003, 10:59 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
2 12's sealed will play any music very accurate with great sound and SPL.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:00 PM   #3
swimmarz13

ill put 2 10" boston acoustics up aginst any set of 12"s and proudly beat the quality and thump
Old 12-08-2003, 05:47 PM   #4
99blackalero

sounds like a challenge...lol
Old 12-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #5
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

koruptid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to koruptid
depends on what kind of 12's ya got...audiobahn 12's on a Punch amp (not sure the wattage) shook my buddies house pretty bad...and these were in his g/f's cavy
koruptid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 01:14 PM   #6
crazykid

ahh i personally love the sound of 10s so much better than 12s
Old 12-09-2003, 02:29 PM   #7
dopey

bandpass boxes suck........... well i mean........ i guess they are good if u know jack about car audio and jsut pay people to put a system in ur car.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:39 PM   #8
misslindseysue

Bandpass is great for a wagon or a convertible, maybe a hatch. Not so much for a car like an Alero where you'll have it in the trunk.

I have one cheap 12" and a 900W Punch amp, and it's loud, but crappy. I prefer 10's for the tighter sound, a pair of good 12's if you're going for BOOM!
Old 12-09-2003, 05:30 PM   #9
swimmarz13

based on sound quality, my 10" boston in a bandpass with a 500w monoblock alpine is much better than my frind who has 2 jl12w7 in a fiberglass box and a 500w amp pushin each one. bandpass boxes can suck if you have a speaker not designed to be placed in a bandpass(kenwood that i know of) my boston can take 1100w thats more than most 12's and i believe that the 10 gives you a cleaner tighter bass than a 12 or 15. I know peopl who work in the car audio industry, I am sure you all know of a lil company called Tweeter, my roommates father is the ceo, this enables me to get the knowledge on the latest equipment plus i can get it intalled for free if i am lazy and dont want to do it myself. but to get back to the point bandpass's dont suck they work jsut fine in an alero the problem is that people buy a gereric box and put a quality sub in paying no attenton to airspace requirements or port size or even number of ports. Like i said i have a 10" boston in a "ballenced bandpass" also built by boston acoustics for the speaker yea it was expensive($250 for the sub and $250 for the box) and there are not many out there, all i am sayin is do reasearch befor you invest $$ you may be suprised what you might find out :thumbsup:
Old 12-09-2003, 07:05 PM   #10
bdyman

i have a class d mono amp and 2 audiobahn subs in a bandpass box
i had a sealed box before
but imo the bass in my car is just sick
Old 12-09-2003, 07:34 PM   #11
99blackalero

Quote:
Originally posted by swimmarz13@Dec 9 2003, 05:30 PM
based on sound quality, my 10" boston in a bandpass with a 500w monoblock alpine is much better than my frind who has 2 jl12w7 in a fiberglass box and a 500w amp pushin each one.
u lose a lot of sound quality right off the bat having a fibreglass box, my 2 12's were in a full mdf box, and then i had a custom one made with fibreglass and i lost some sound quality after that...and i talked to my car audio guys and they said that was the reason
Old 12-09-2003, 07:45 PM   #12
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
4 10's in a ported box.

or 2 quad voice coil 12's in one huge ported box. or maybe 3 12's in a ported box(we'll see on that one. )
Old 12-09-2003, 09:32 PM   #13
Final-Reality

Where's the option for dual 15"s?
Old 12-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #14
alerov6

I chose 2 12' sealed b/c I had 3 12's in a sealed box and it was hittin hard as shyt
Old 12-14-2003, 05:33 PM   #15
swimmarz13

Quote:
Originally posted by Final-Reality@Dec 10 2003, 02:32 AM
Where's the option for dual 15"s?
i dont know to many peopl who are runnig 2 15's and those who do run them in my opioion are wastine $$$ and trunk space, you get better cleaner sound out of a pair of 12's and even clean out of some 10's if your lookin to get the bass shakin just add more subs not larger ones, strictly my opinion.....