Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Goliath
GX Member

Goliath is on a distinguished road
Ripples in the dashboard

Hey everyone. New to the site. I just bought a 2001 Alero and I'm really liking it so far. There's just a couple of things I need to fix.

Today I fixed the vinyl on the passenger side airbag with some spray adhesive. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and now I want to fix the dash board. There's ripples from sun exposure, but I can't get under it to fix it. It looks like if I take the front of the dash off (where the defroster vent is) I could easily fix it. I'm just not sure how to take it off. Maybe I can just gentle pry it off with a flat head screwdriver. Has anyone ever taken this piece off?
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
you have to take both "a pillars" (the ones along the windshield) off first be carefull to not break the tabs then the defroster vet one same here carefull not to break the tabs
Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Or you could buy a dash cap unless you think you can fix it to your liking, there is another thread somewhere with a link to the dash cap. Ill see if i can find it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Christato71
GX Member

Christato71 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Christato71 Send a message via AIM to Christato71 Send a message via MSN to Christato71 Send a message via Skype™ to Christato71
You could try reading this thread: http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33749 My dash is doing the same thing and I am also thinking about doing this.

Blog
Christato71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the link to the right dash cap. This is the one you want to get.. If you do.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dash-...item20b853bbee
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Goliath
GX Member

Goliath is on a distinguished road
That's for the replies guys. I think I'm going to try fixing it myself. If it doesn't last ill get a dash cap.
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote