Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-31-2014, 06:28 AM   #21
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
Looks really good. I got mtx terminators and I love them.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #22
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Yeah those aren't to bad I got them about 5 years ago maybe. I beat the hell out of em too lol stood up great. I do wish they would have had the polk boxes on sale. Fry's has em on sale every few months for like $199.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #23
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Still bumping along no issues. They put the mic for the Bluetooth phone up near the rear view at the base of the storage area. I was skeptical of the sound from there at first but works great. Nice to be able to stream from the phone or the thumb drive in the glove box. I was sooo tired of skips from the discs with these horrible roads.

I'll get more pics and some audio this weekend. Going to get the car detailed since it's so nice and I got the coupon. I was gonna use it before the install so it was nice and clean for em but it was raining. Unlike Fry's though the detailed the interior super before delivery :<)...
Old 04-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #24
negolien
GL Member

Still going good

Meh still haven't gotten around to grabbing my camera. No issues so far but a little bit of a learning curve since I have never had any head units that had these features. I finally got a thumb drive yesterday. It's nice to be able to have all my music on a single drive and be easily searchable by artist or album or both.

Sound quality and sub volume are both a lot better with the new head unit. Probably going to adjust my install plans and do some sound deadening in the trunk next instead of installing any other amps and speakers. Shakes the crap out of everything at even a lower volume with no loudness or any extra sub features turned on ....
Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #25
negolien
GL Member

Talking Spend me spend me...

Took the Alero in to have the Clifford 2 way alarm looked at. It was arming and triggering but wouldn't trigger the remote. Oddly enough the remote would show both vibration and audible verification of alarm activation and deactivation . I had a crack in the LCD screen anyway. $80 freaking bucks for a little remote ... They (fry's) paired it for free god I love them sometimes. I had them do the install on the Clifford 4 years ago.

I made an appointment to have the trunk completely done with sound dampening in two weeks. I also purchased the Kappa 693.11i's now I just need to pick an amp for it. I' am probably going with the ROCKFORD FOSGATE PBR300X2. Next after the amp and sound deadener will be the wiring up for the 3 amps and the big three.

Everyone keeps telling me to get one amp for both the 6x9's and the 4x6's but I want to run max power to both and can't see how I can get one amp to run 2 x 45/150 at 4 ohms and 2 times 150/300 at 2 ohms. Anyone with 3 amps care to chime in? Total amps would by class d mono 500rms, 150rms class br 2 channel and the MTX class ab 45rms ...
Old 04-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #26
negolien
GL Member

Exclamation Update

Well it seems we hit a snag with this Head Unit install. How I didn't catch it sooner I have no idea . I was trying to decide how I wanted to chop up the audio install stuff I still needed into manageable pieces. I decided to check how the new head unit was interacting with the stock amp and the Bi-Amplified SoundStreams since I was beating the hell out of them the last few years. I turned off the sub woofers and moved all the sound back to the 6x9s Low and behold I' am only getting some minor tweeter action Apparently when they hooked up the head unit they flubbed the stock amp and 6x9 hook up.

Going back next Saturday to have the trunk sound damped so they'll have to fix it then. I' am probably going to plug in and drop two sets of RCA cables for the two new amps while they have it pulled out. No sense not doing that now to avoid having to pull the head unit again.