Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 07-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
Ashen98
GX Member

Ashen98 is on a distinguished road
New an stuff

Hello everyone out there, I am new to the forums and pretty new to working on Alero's. I have spent more time working on DSM's than anything else...now for some more fun info before I wander off to read and ask questions. My wife of 7 years was given a 2001 Alero with the 2.4 and automatic transmission by her grandmother, this was the last car her father rebuilt and gave to her grandmother before he passed on in 2005. So the car has alot of sentimental value as well my wife wants to make it somewhat as peppy as my plymouth laser RS...minus the turbo and AWD...I have been gathering a parts list of what she needs so we can get this project started. So any suggestions on manufactures and sites that still sell working mod parts or cross compatible mod parts would be awesome. Example of what I am looking for would be locations I can still purchase underdrive and overdrive pulleys, currently all I can find is OBX through Amazon.com.
Ashen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Welcome! The 2.4L has a bolt-on Eaton MP62 kit designed by GM available if you want boost, but they can get pricey. Sometimes the J-Body(Sunfire/Cavalier) guys let them go for cheap. In the early 90s there was a high output variant of the 2.4L and a lot of guys swap over the cams and many other parts from them.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Check out Chris's (ionC2) thread.... his is turbo'd and would be most helpful with that motor.... also there's a gm supercharger kit for sale about an hour away from me, used the guy wants $1500... just to give you an idea on what you're looking price wise.... expect to be upwards of $3000 done right...
also before you do too much performance wise in the motor I'd upgrade the suspension and brakes first....

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Ashen98
GX Member

Ashen98 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I was just checking this out on GM performance https://chevroletperformanceparts.co...and-am-alero-0 Looks pretty, I assume its the same one you reffered to. will look into the cam swap though that sounds fun, not sure if wife will go for the supercharger...as much as I would squee over the thought of supercharing that car Not sure what she wants done with the suspension and brakes yet, I do know stock the car handles poorly when compared to other tuners I have worked on.

Last edited by Ashen98 : 07-12-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Ashen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:21 AM   #5
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Oops welcome to the site. I know it's been 9 years since you logged on! Come on back u missed a lot.
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote