Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-18-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
3.4Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by DoTz+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DoTz)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>as you guys can see, I am new to this forum and I am new to the whole alero thing, I was wondering what type of engine it has, and what kind of modifications or tune up do you guys do to it, like turboing it, changing the headers, intakes, I don't know anything about Aleros, please enlighten me, thanks[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Big Poppa Naich

check out americanperformanceofcolorado.com.... there is a banner at the top of the screen for them. They sell cold air intakes, upper and lower manifolds, ported throttle bodies, among other stuff. RSM makes some performance stuff as well, and they sell a S/C kit I believe. Also, S&S and TheOtherGuys make headers for us. DHP is working on a custom computer tune, and ASE chips already has one.

Wait, what engine do you have?
[/quote]
Quote:
Also check www.aleroupgrades.com . Lists most of what is available for all engines. (3400, 2.4 (no more), 2.2 Ecotech).
Quote:
well engines depend on the model years

99-2001
base 2.4 DOHC 4 cylinder
Top 3.4 V6

2002-2004
base 2.2 DOHC 4 cylinder
top 3.4 V6

supercharger kits are out and some turbo kits
Quote:
If you have a 2002 or newer I'd most likely say you have the 2.2L ECOTEC, which is a good engine and it's getting a lot of GM-backed performance parts, which is a very good thing... check out this link to go to GM Performance Parts' home page and browse parts and then late model 4 cylinder... it's expensive though but horsepower costs money keep that in mind...

You might also have the 6 cylinder, which I'm sorry to say has the smallest aftermarket of all the engines... beyond intakes and exhaust mods and some general machining work mentioned in above posts there isnt a whole lot of stuff for them...